Nicholas Winding Refn

Tools    

No, Copenhagen Cowboy. His new TV series.
Interesting that I’ve never heard of it.

It is on Netflix.

I am enjoying Copenhagen Cowboy. It is super dark and creepy.
It looks good. I’ve put it in my Netflix queue. Strange I’ve never heard of it.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I watched both of Refn's "TV series" in one sitting. I mean, they're basically super long films cut into episodes. Just like Twin Peaks: The Return.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Finished it this morning. Really enjoyed it.

Haven’t seen the Amazon series, but this is his first output since Drive that I’ve felt was as watchable as it was great to look at. Cliff Martinez 😳 The world needs more Miu!

WARNING: spoilers below
Hope this gets the second season. Rakel is fierce and that Kojima cameo.
Did you know she’s the director’s own daughter?

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I could not substantiate that claim and I spent too much time searching 😅

Pretty sure I’ve been flagged by the internet police for that activity.

I could not substantiate that claim and I spent too much time searching 😅

Pretty sure I’ve been flagged by the internet police for that activity.
It’s a fact.

One more episode of CC left to see. Will report next week. 😎

Finished this & glad I watched it. Couldn’t understand at least a quarter of the plot, but, whatever. A lot of dark weird lighting for indoor scenes, which seems to be the soup of the day right now.

Some terrific acting. My favorite was the monstrous Serbian woman Rosella.

Some terrific acting. My favorite was the monstrous Serbian woman Rosella.
My favorite character and performance as well.

WARNING: "Copenhagen" spoilers below
I like the way and the surprise of how that plot thread ends, but I was disappointed she was gone from the show.

My favorite character and performance as well.

WARNING: "Copenhagen" spoilers below
I like the way and the surprise of how that plot thread ends, but I was disappointed she was gone from the show.
Same. The actress hasn’t done much, surprisingly. She’s pregnant you know. Not.

I already want to watch it again. I’m drawn to

“What’s your name?” ………..………………………………………………………………………………………………………..……………………………………………………………………………………….. …………………………………………….. …………………………………………….. …………………………………………….. …………………………………………….. …………………………………………….. …………………………………………….. …………………………………………….. …………………………………………….. …………………………………………….. …………………………………………….. ………………………………………… “miu”

I already want to watch it again. I’m drawn to

“What’s your name?” ………..………………………………………………………………………………………………………..……………………………………………………………………………………….. …………………………………………….. …………………………………………….. …………………………………………….. …………………………………………….. …………………………………………….. …………………………………………….. …………………………………………….. …………………………………………….. …………………………………………….. …………………………………………….. ………………………………………… “miu”
Come again? Can’t hear you love.

After being enthralled with CC and wanting more, I decided to fire up Too Old To Die Young. First episode didn’t do much for me and Miles Teller is an odd fit. Just like his jeans.

Just finished Copenhagen Cowboy. So that makes seven and a half of his films I've watched and his two series. I liked this one better than Too Old to Die Young. I just hope there's a season 2. TOtDY is classified as a miniseries and ended adequately. I don't think all that many people were interested in Yaritza's further adventures as the High Priestess of Death. But once you set up something like Miu/Rakel you need to follow through.

My hope is that he makes this at such a low cost, it gets made for cultural/critical impact versus the standard “views” calculus these series normally get judged on.

Just finished Copenhagen Cowboy. So that makes seven and a half of his films I've watched and his two series. I liked this one better than Too Old to Die Young. I just hope there's a season 2. TOtDY is classified as a miniseries and ended adequately. I don't think all that many people were interested in Yaritza's further adventures as the High Priestess of Death. But once you set up something like Miu/Rakel you need to follow through.
I much preferred TOTDY to C Cowboy. But that's just me.