What do you think about Terrence Malick's work?

Tools    

What do you think about Terrence Mallick's work?
66.67%
8 votes
I like
25.00%
3 votes
I don't like
8.33%
1 votes
Never watched any of them
12 votes. You may not vote on this poll

“I was cured, all right!”
I'm curious about what Mofos thinks about Malick, I'm planning to watch all of his movies now that I'm finishing Tarkovsky filmography for the second time.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Where's "I love" in the poll?

Here are my ratings of his movies (chronologically):

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out I enjoy his latter, more stream-of-consciousness free form films more. I thought Badlands was okay, but it pales in comparison to his other work plus it borrows too much from Bonnie and Clyde. Days of Heaven and The New World are beautifully shot, but they have stories that felt underwhelming and "in the way". The Thin Red Line is a beautiful anti-war film with typical Malick aesthetics that fit the film's tone amazingly well. I've seen it twice. The Tree of Life is a film I wasn't crazy about the first time, but fell in love with on second watch. The cinematography is outstanding, and the film also has an amazing rhythm to it. It's one of these few films that tried to embrace all the beauty of this world and succeeded (another one is Tarkovky's Mirror). I thought To the Wonder was a great follow-up to The Tree of Life, and my second favourite of Malick. It was hated much more, but I think it's extremely underrated. This time Malick doesn't tackle the whole world by a story of a group of people, but just talks about a group of people. The cinematography and rhythm are so great the film hypnotized me and didn't let go until it ended. Same goes with Knight of Cups. Voyage of Time was a good documentary with (again) great, great Lubezki cinematography, and I greatly appreciated how it was almost a non-commentary one. Song to Song felt weaker than his three previous stream-of-consciousness films (I don't count Voyage of Time), but I mean, it still had the same aesthetics, and it has Fassbender.

tl;dr: Add "I love" to the poll, and watch The Tree of Life. That's his best.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

“I was cured, all right!”
The Tree of Life is the only one that I watched. I didn't care much for the film back in 2011, but now my perception is different, so after rewatch Tarkovsky's Mirror I remembered Malick's The Tree of Life, for this reason I choose him as the next director that I want to see.

Welcome to the human race...
I'm ambivalent, really. I've seen all of them but the only one I've managed to see more than once is The Tree of Life (as of writing, anyway). I'm not terrible fussed about his post-Tree output (To the Wonder and Song to Song are the only ones of his I'd say that I disliked, and even then I didn't hate them), but everything else is good.

I saw only 2- Days of Heaven, which I saw so long ago I don't really remember much about it.

And Tree of Life, which I saw in the theatre- I felt it was a beautiful and unique film. It was a masterpiece to me- touching on questions of family, faith, the meaning of life in a way that resonated beneath and beyond the conscious mind, to our subliminal instincts. The way the camera lingered on sky and water, to those moments in life that are in between the moments of life 's drama- it was like being borne along on an indescribable essence, that is always calling you. If one could film the river of time, it was achieved in that movie. So for that film alone, I rate him as one the all time top filmmakers.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
If one could film the river of time, it was achieved in that movie.
Just like Tarkovsky said, a film is sculpting in time.

From what I've seen I enjoy his work. Yes Badlands borrowed from Bonnie and Clyde but that was a semi - biographical movie. So many movies since have taken the Badlands formula (Kalifornia, True Romance, Natural Born Killers) rather than the Bonnie and Clyde formula, although I appreciate the film lineage in both movies. Days of Heaven and The Tree of Life are beautiful films

Malick's relationship with Emmanuel Lubezki is also one that never fails to disappoint:

Where is the middle ground vote? If its his direction we are talking about, i love some of his movies and not others.