My introduction to the classic Italian Horror and in the Giallo genre.

Tools    

“I was cured, all right!”
Hi guys!
Please, can you recomend me some good Italian horror films from the 70's and 80's and some Giallo films? I know Dario Argento and Mario Bava by name but I don't know more directors and what movies should I watch first?
I was thinking about Mario Bava's A Bay of Blood (1971) and Dario Argento's first film 'L'uccello dalle piume di cristallo' (1970).
Is this a good start? What about others italian horror directors?
Help me!

I would say go through the Argento filmography but if you want a more well rounded view of Italian horror here are 12 classics that run the spectrum.

Eyes without a Face (1960), Georges Franju
Blood and Black Lace (1964), Mario Bava
Fists in Pocket (1965), Marco Bellocchio
Blow up (1966), Michelangelo Antonioni
Tombs of the Blind Dead (1972) Amando de Ossorio
Salo 180 Days in Sodom (1975), Pier Paolo Passolini
Deep Red (1975), Dario Argento
Blood for Dracula (1975), Paul Morrissey
Strip Nude for your Killer (1975), Andrea Bianchi
Zombie 2 (1979), Lucio Fulci
House at the Edge of the Park (1980), Ruggero Deodato
Demons (1985), Lamberto Bava

The most loathsome of all goblins
Sergio Martino is a director you should check out if you're interested in giallo. His films The Case of the Scorpion's Tail and Your Vice is a Locked Room and Only I Have the Key are classics. I would also recommend Pupi Avati's The House with Laughing Windows and Lucio Fulci's A Lizard in a Woman's Skin.

If you're interested in the beginnings of the giallo genre, Bava is definitely the place the start. The Girl Who Knew Too Much, The Whip and the Body (which fuses giallo and gothic horror) and Blood and Black Lace are what started it all. You should also watch his anthology horror film Black Sabbath, which they actually showed a few clips of in The Babadook a few years back.

Also not sure if you're into gothic horror, but the Italians made some great ones in the 60's. Bava in particular, but he wasn't the only one. Riccardo Freda's The Horrible Dr. Hitchcock and its sequel The Ghost are classics of the genre, as are Antonio Margheriti's Castle of Blood and The Long Hair of Death.

“I was cured, all right!”
I would say go through the Argento filmography but if you want a more well rounded view of Italian horror here are 12 classics that run the spectrum.

Eyes without a Face (1960), Georges Franju
Blood and Black Lace (1964), Mario Bava
Fists in Pocket (1965), Marco Bellocchio
Blow up (1966), Michelangelo Antonioni
Tombs of the Blind Dead (1972) Amando de Ossorio
Salo 180 Days in Sodom (1975), Pier Paolo Passolini
Deep Red (1975), Dario Argento
Blood for Dracula (1975), Paul Morrissey
Strip Nude for your Killer (1975), Andrea Bianchi
Zombie 2 (1979), Lucio Fulci
House at the Edge of the Park (1980), Ruggero Deodato
Demons (1985), Lamberto Bava

Sergio Martino is a director you should check out if you're interested in giallo. His films The Case of the Scorpion's Tail and Your Vice is a Locked Room and Only I Have the Key are classics. I would also recommend Pupi Avati's The House with Laughing Windows and Lucio Fulci's A Lizard in a Woman's Skin.

If you're interested in the beginnings of the giallo genre, Bava is definitely the place the start. The Girl Who Knew Too Much, The Whip and the Body (which fuses giallo and gothic horror) and Blood and Black Lace are what started it all. You should also watch his anthology horror film Black Sabbath, which they actually showed a few clips of in The Babadook a few years back.

Also not sure if you're into gothic horror, but the Italians made some great ones in the 60's. Bava in particular, but he wasn't the only one. Riccardo Freda's The Horrible Dr. Hitchcock and its sequel The Ghost are classics of the genre, as are Antonio Margheriti's Castle of Blood and The Long Hair of Death.
Thank you very much!
All recommendations were valid. I'll find out what's available on DVD and I'll go shopping!
I like Gothic Horror and I will definitely check the Riccardo Freda's work and Paul Morrissey's Blood for Dracula looks awesome!
Again! Thanks guys