Ah ... Takashi Miike, good old times those he launched his works for V-Cinema, which were the films released directly on VHS, the same year that Fudoh came to Home Video in Japan, he released five other films, released FIVE films in the Same year is something that would become common in the next years. His films always contained ultraviolence() and bizarre things that would make anyone feel uncomfortable. Well, at least at the beginning, after getting acquainted with the director, it is normal to go to the next project and you can hardly wait for the bizarre scenes to paint on the screen. Fudoh was my introduction to the director, I always recommend this (and not Audition) to the first-time sailors when it comes to Takashi Miike. The plot is simple: In order to solve a business dispute, a mafia leader assassinates one of his own children. The surviving son witnesses such an act and promises to avenge his brother's death and organizes his own group of assassins to destroy his father's organization. The initial sequence of the film after the initial credits, is my favorite sequence of all the filmography of Miike, It's INSANE. Fudoh was the director's first film to cross the ocean and present his work to the public and Western critics. The movie seems to have come out of a manga. A lot of typical elements are readily found: the cool high school lord of crime, his own hit girl in school uniform, the bully boy who is twice as tall as any teacher, little gadgets that appear to have been borrowed by James Bond, etc.

There are a lot of shocking scenes in this film besides blood and violence, it is difficult to know what's the reaction of the viewer, cry with laughter, and others can have a heart attack or run to the nearest church. I can't comment much on these 'bizarrices' because it would spoil surprises.
The fact is that 'what is expected of Takashi Miike', this film delivers. Therefore, as visual atrocities and characters, situations are incompatible with their own personalities. Once again, Takashi Miike has been adventurous to go where few other directors would go, combining shock, horror, black comedy and an exciting emotional tone in a way that only Miike can do, great entertainment for the lovers of the extreme.

*Sorry for the bad english.