I can finally watch PG-13 movies

Tools    

@Skepsis: They are overlong, the films are full of sideplots that, admittedly, give it a certain epic quality, but I can see why many people become tired of them after a while. Certainly after more than 9 hours of film in total.

The Lord of the Rings films will also never be favorites of mine, honestly. They are well made, but they are also quite boring at some times, despite their rich and imaginative world.

It's definitely worth watching the whole trilogy at least once though, Soul Surfer. If it's your kind of thing, it seems to be very rewarding.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
I try to be the best person I can be. I always fall short though. Why should I be ashamed at being 13 years old?
I didn't say that. Most 13 year-olds don't want to admit to their age. They tend to want to be older.

It isnt too hard to look up posts on here.
Of course not. Especially if you've been here a while. Have you been visiting the board before you decided to post?

I didn't say that. Most 13 year-olds don't want to admit to their age. They tend to want to be older.

Of course not. Especially if you've been here a while. Have you been visiting the board before you decided to post?
Hmmmm I actualy enjoy being my age. I been looking at the forum since about Thanksgiving but was unable to join cuz my parents wouldnt allow me on forums until I turned 13.

Also my favorite PG-13 film was actually the first movie to be released with the PG-13 rating. 1984's Red Dawn! Be warned it deals with a guerrilla war between invading USSR forces against a group of teenagers in the Colorado mountains. VERY violent, but not explicit (AKA no barrels of blood like a Tarantino movie) in it's carnage. Put that in the maybe pile.

On the other hand their is the more recent Hunger Games movies based of the young adult novels. Very solid movies and recent to boot.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Hmmmm I actualy enjoy being my age.
Really? Most 13 year-olds fantasize about being older and the Internet is the perfect instrument to fullfil this.

I been looking at the forum since about Thanksgiving but was unable to join cuz my parents wouldnt allow me on forums until I turned 13.
Do you always listen to what your parents tell you? Are you the perfect 13 year-old?

Really? Most 13 year-olds fantasize about being older and the Internet is the perfect instrument to fullfil this.

Do you always listen to what your parents tell you? Are you the perfect 13 year-old?
Nope I guess I am like Peter Pan and dont wanna grow up so fast. No I dont listen to everything they say but still they are my parents and I should listen most of the time.

This has become a psychoanalysis.

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of The Ring
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

Now everyone be quiet about hating on these masterpieces. They are fantastic films, give them a watch.
Moving on...

Independance Day
Men in Black
Rush Hour 2
The Mummy
The Pursuit of Happyness
The Amazing Spider-Man

I checked the other lists, so these haven't been mentioned yet.

Wait till you get to the rated R films...
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

So yeah my parents are really strict and have made me wait till I officialy turned 13 to see PG-13 movies. So can any of you give me some suggestions to some good PG-13 movies to watch. Thanx
Best PG-13 movie ever made:

Princess Mononoke

Try to watch with subtitles. The dubbed version is horrible.

Edit: Also try to watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy. They were my favorite movies when I was 14.

I didn't have any problem with the English dub though. I doubt she would pick subtitles over that, unless she happens to be an anime fan, where it common to choose subs of dubbing.

I didn't have any problem with the English dub though. I doubt she would pick subtitles over that, unless she happens to be an anime fan, where it common to choose subs of dubbing.
Overall, it's always better to watch a movie in the original language. Miyazaki's movies dubbs also suffer from the fact that the dubbs generally not just translate the script but they also change it. Which means that the original script is damaged by the dubb.

The worst cases are Castle in the Sky and Kiki's Delivery Service. These two movies have been destroyed by the dubb, they are not the same movies as the script was completely altered. The English dubbs that minimize the damage to the script are Totoro's and Spirited Away, still the dubbs of these movies also damaged the script to a certain extent. Princess Mononoke's dubb also suffers from bad voice acting.

Some of the original voice acting in Miyazaki's films are also a masterpieces of performance. Such as Nausicaa's original voice acting by Sumi Shimamoto is considered specially important in being a breakthrough in terms of voice acting performance in the same way that Falconeti's performance in The Passion of Joan D'Arc was a breakthrough in live action film. Her performance is sublime. PMMM's original voice acting is also now legendary, they said that the girls who acted in it were born for their roles. Even thought the English dubb did not change the script the quality of the acting is much lower.

Movies should be always watched in the language they were originally made because it's the only way to experience them as they were originally intended: the artistic integrity is maintained. Dubbed movies have the soundtrack with a different direction as the movie and in some cases they even use a different dialogue altogether.

The Boy In The Striped Pajamas is a holocaust movie.
Doubt deals with allegations of child molestation against a priest.
Philadelphia is about a gay man dying of AIDS.
Saved! is about a pregnant teenager in a Christian school (though it's a comedy)
To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar is a movie about drag queens.
All these gay movies. If he watches all of these, he'll be out of control by the time he's 18.