Favorite very long movies?

Tools    

What are some long movies you enjoy so much that they seem to go by quickly despite their length?

I'd say Magnolia, for me. I think it just feels so jammed with energy and great moments that I stay engrossed throughout.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

I'd 100% agree.

Probably the longest film I have seen so far:

But never once is it boring/uninteresting, epic film.

My top two films from my last list are both two and a half hours but feel nothing like it.

Also, Inland Empire, many people will find it difficult to sit through but I thought it was three hours of insane but awesome scenes, a hell of a ride.

Gone With The Wind (4hours)
LOTR:The Return Of The King(extended version) (4 hours and a few more mins)

The damn extended version. I haven't watched it yet. Really need to, hear pretty nice stuff.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Technically it was a German mini-series but when it got to my country it was a multi-day movie. Great too. I own it on Criterion DVD. I've posted about it here in the past.

I really need to see this too.

Both are 15+ hours.

I second Seven Samurai, 200 minutes of pure fun.

My new fav movie is 4 hours long but it's divided into two parts so it may be considered two 2 hour movies, but I found it extremely entertaining. Another very entertaining long film divided into two parts is Kill Bill.

Yeah I thought of Kill Bill but figured it didn't count. Never tried the double (or full) feature. Should do it one of these days.

The first one is more fun, the second one has more drama(ish). Plus it has all the Bill stuff, and that's one endearing murdering bastard.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Just so I can beat Mr. Minio to it:

Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Yeah, the first volume was more action-packed, I think. I really liked the anime flashback part, too. I think I'll rewatch it tonight and then maaybe volume 2.

How could I forget this. Longer than Seven Samurai, I remember I stayed up from like 1AM to 5AM to watch this, I expected to fall asleep tired when I put it on (not because of the movie, but the time), but the movie kept me awake, I just couldn't stop watching it. Brilliant.

Definitely Gone With the Wind, Cleopatra and all three Lord of the Rings films!

I really need to see this too.
Like mark, I too am looking forward to one day seeing Heimat. It was shown over here when I was a child but, obviously, I didn't watch it.

I can't believe I forgot this.

One of my absolute favourite films and the time just flies by.

This went pretty quickly, too, but I've only seen it once.