Game-related/inspired movies

Tools    

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
There's a movie coming out soon on G4TV called FOCUS, looks like it will be a excellent documentary kinda like King of Kong except about Street Fighter 4. I think you'll be able to watch it online at G4tv.com.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...ross-g4-films/

Suckerpunch was a very "video gamey" movie. I liked it, not great but I think people have been too harsh.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
All the decent ones have already been mentioned. So here are some....others?

Gamer
Virtuosity
Stay Alive
Surf Ninjas

Suspect's Reviews

Surf Ninjas is definately a bit of a guilty pleasure, I remember seeing it as a kid and loved it. Even though watching it now it is really bad, I still enjoy watching it.

My number one though would have to be Tron. I loved Tron, the whole concept of it was great, and still stands the test of time.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Do you guys remember before play station or sega when Computers had games? Back in the 80's when MS-DOS was the bees knees, there were 4 kinds of games available on the floppies in my case. The first was rudimentary fighting games, usually with a ninja, The second was a starfighter space invaders copycat, the 3rd was TV quiz show adaptations ala Family feud, jeopardy and hangman er Wheel of Fortune.

The 4th were early attempts at quests with clues/riddles to figure out to get to the next level of the labyrinth of the game.

Which is sorta what National Treasure (2004) is imo (as well as being Davinci Code lite, but i digress)

Does that fit the criteria of the OP? I'm not sure, but it was my 2nd thought right behind the Last Starfighter.

Gamer ! Fantastic Film IMO

I hated that sequence from The Beach, awful.
also he played Rampage on his Gameboy while his 3 friends are suffering from the damage caused by the shark.

anyways,i was disappointed on Tekken.

Do you mean the animated version of the Tekken movie? I wasn't impressed with it. I was pretty terrible.

Yeah The Game was mentioned, awesome film. In the film Michael Douglas character answers a questionnaire if whether or not he is interested in Role Playing Games.

Also I think The Surrogates had an avatar/gaming theme to it, another awesome movie.

There is probably more that Im sure people will mention.