Underrated/overrated

Tools    

When someone asks you if you're a God, you say YES!!
I didnt want to say blasphemy for No country for old men, but you forced me to react when I saw Mystic River Overrated really ??? Watch it one more time maybe.
Mystic River is genius and No country for old men is modern-western entertainment at it''s best
I agree with you about No Country For Old Men. That is a movie that keeps getting better every time you watch it, so repeat viewings are recommended. As for Mystic River, I tend to disagree. I have never liked it as much as everybody else and it might have something to do with the fact that I don't enjoy Sean Penn as much as most. Mystic is clearly a good movie, but I just don't think it's as great as most.

I didnt want to say blasphemy for No country for old men, but you forced me to react when I saw Mystic River Overrated really ??? Watch it one more time maybe.
Mystic River is genius and No country for old men is modern-western entertainment at it''s best
No Country for Old Men:
I have issue with investing my time and money into a story that has such a weak payoff. Nowadays, it seems filmmakers and aficionados actually prefer the anti-climax ending, citing it as a welcome change of pace. Others feel the directors are robbing the viewer of their “just desserts.” Personally, all I wanted was the final face-off, so they could finish what they started and instead I get Llewelyn letting his guard down so he could flirt then Anton getting randomly sideswiped. Was Tommy Lee Jones even necessary?

Mystic River:
Clint Eastwood may be one of our most important directors, but even masters can fail. River's pacing feels like an overproduced episode of an underwhelming TV cop drama. What's with the ridiculous coincidences? Dave (Tim Robbins) just happens to kill a child molester the same night Jimmy (Sean Penn)'s daughter is murdered? Or how about subplots that should have been cut from the screenplay: The relationship between Sean (Kevin Bacon) and his wife may have been fully fleshed out in the novel, but here it feels like she's prank-calling him. And what's up with Laura Linney's totally offbeat Lady Macbeth moment? River just doesn't flow right.

When someone asks you if you're a God, you say YES!!
No Country for Old Men:
I have issue with investing my time and money into a story that has such a weak payoff. Nowadays, it seems filmmakers and aficionados actually prefer the anti-climax ending, citing it as a welcome change of pace. Others feel the directors are robbing the viewer of their “just desserts.” Personally, all I wanted was the final face-off, so they could finish what they started and instead I get Llewelyn letting his guard down so he could flirt then Anton getting randomly sideswiped. Was Tommy Lee Jones even necessary?

Mystic River:
Clint Eastwood may be one of our most important directors, but even masters can fail. River's pacing feels like an overproduced episode of an underwhelming TV cop drama. What's with the ridiculous coincidences? Dave (Tim Robbins) just happens to kill a child molester the same night Jimmy (Sean Penn)'s daughter is murdered? Or how about subplots that should have been cut from the screenplay: The relationship between Sean (Kevin Bacon) and his wife may have been fully fleshed out in the novel, but here it feels like she's prank-calling him. And what's up with Laura Linney's totally offbeat Lady Macbeth moment? River just doesn't flow right.
I hear you on No Country. The first time I watched it that drove me crazy as well and ruined what I thought was otherwise an amazing movie. The second time I watched it though I wasn't expecting a huge showdown and could just appreciate the movie more. The second viewing really helped I think and now it's making me want to watch it a third time.

A system of cells interlinked
Casablanca is fantastic.

Each to his own, though...

I could list hundreds of films that are overrated as many of you know but for now, just for that guy^, Reservoir Dogs, wears the amateurity on its sleeve. Still enjoy it though.

Oh...World on a Wire is pretty underrated

Casablanca is fantastic.

Each to his own, though...
It's not a bad movie, by any stretch. It just doesn't resonate with me like it does for many others.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
To mix my movies here, I think we should "round up the usual suspects" of Casablanca underraters and "blow their asses out the little round window in the side" - Quint from Jaws.

Now we'll see who has a sense of humor.

memoirs of a geisha was a bit underrated, not the best film but not as bad as critics made out

Overrated: Juno.

I don't find it clever or heartwarming at all. I cannot stand this film at all.

Underrated: Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace.

I find it to be a lot of fun.
My opinions mirror yours

Overrated: Citizen Kane. Greatest movie ever made, pfft. It's boring.

Underrated: Play Misty For Me. The second best thing Eastwood ever did, behind Dirty Harry.

I could name several examples for each, but those are the two that came to mind first.