Terrence Malick - A Complete guide

Tools    

Movie Forums Extra
Me and five different writers have compiled our thoughts on Terrence Malick's filmography. We put a lot of love and effort into making this a vast, in-depth look without being too pretentious.

The films include
  • Badlands
  • Days of Heaven
  • The Thin Red Line
  • The New World
  • The Tree of Life
  • To The Wonder
  • Knight of Cups
  • Voyage of Time
  • Song to Song
  • A Hidden Life

https://medium.com/@staffan.vilhelm/...s-79b3fe7502dc

What are your thoughts on his work?

We really need to do some of these ourselves here on these forums. It would be really fun and combine our love and intellect for many films/filmmakers from various eras and countries.

I've only seen the Tree of Life, but I'm seeing To the Wonder very soon and looking forward to reading this!! The Tree of Life portion is excellent, well done.

We really need to do some of these ourselves here on these forums. It would be really fun and combine our love and intellect for many films/filmmakers from various eras and countries.
I would honest be so down to do that. Seriously, we should do something like that! Scorsese? Kubrick? Miyazaki? Ozu? A complete guide to their works, or maybe an analysis of a genre or decade! People here know a lot, it would be so cool to have a collaboration like that.

Your perspective on The Tree of Life is incredibly interesting, hope you're doing all right buddy.

I've only seen A Hidden Life and his seventies stuff. Really wanna see The Tree of Life.

I'm launching a vocal petition to do our own version of these and have something for a vault to replace the old essay section. Then, as new forum members come along, they can add to it perhaps.

Movie Forums Extra
I'll happily contribute!

His earlier works were good. Now it's become more or less a BBC Earth show.

I'm launching a vocal petition to do our own version of these and have something for a vault to replace the old essay section. Then, as new forum members come along, they can add to it perhaps.
We still doing it? Just let me know, I’m totally on board!

This looks like a very in-depth, well put together article. I've only had a quick look at some sections but interesting and impressive from what I can see.

I'm a big fan of Terrence Malick, although I've got some quite big gaps between viewing his films so I definitely need to rectify that and go back and view some of his films. It's been years since I've seen Badlands, The New World, The Thin Red Line or even The Tree of Life. Recently I watched Knight of Cups which I loved - very immersive and moving, the type of film where it's best to let yourself go and be soaked by the audio and visuals of a genius, even if you're not always quite sure what's going on.

Me and five different writers have compiled our thoughts on Terrence Malick's filmography. We put a lot of love and effort into making this a vast, in-depth look without being too pretentious.

The films include
  • Badlands
  • Days of Heaven
  • The Thin Red Line
  • The New World
  • The Tree of Life
  • To The Wonder
  • Knight of Cups
  • Voyage of Time
  • Song to Song
  • A Hidden Life

What are your thoughts on his work?
i have two versions of three of life one of 2 hrs or so and the other of 3 hours or so wich one is the dcut and wich versions is wich and which one is best
thank you deeply for all your work and devotion for those thoughts and have a nice day