Coronavirus

Tools    

Why the toilet paper shortage? Has this ever happened before with say people stocking up for an expected hurricane?
According to The NY Times & this makes total sense, when people see other people buying whatever in bulk they immediately think they should buy it too.

Yeah, sure seems like it (Re: two weeks). Of course, if I were in that position I think I'd plan to be out a couple of months, and hey, if you can reopen early, great. But I've been operating on the assumption that mid-April would be optimistic for most of these places and activities. I'm hoping I can get back into work after a couple of weeks, though. That makes a big difference.

I think the real question is when it peaks. Obviously it'll be months before most things feel "normal" again, but I think once things peak and start re-opening or easing restrictions, even a little, we'll all feel a lot better. Seeing the worst of it, getting on the other side of that, and seeing a little light at the end of the tunnel, would help a lot I'm sure.

Took my car to inspection - I thought the DMV office might be closed, but that the inspection station would be open since it's basically outdoors. Nope - whole thing closed for next 2 weeks! But they are granting a 2 month extention for cars due in March.

Bank was open (only difference there was the Tellers were wearing rubber gloves).
Wendy's was open (looked like both walk-in and drive thru - but I went through the drive-thru).

Good News: the lowest gas price I saw in town was $1.99 / gallon! It broke the $2.00 mark! Can't remember the last time it was that low. Unfortunately, I filled my tank up last week when it was $2.25 - thinking I'd never see it that low again!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Stop going out people!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Coworker just sent me a skype referencing some breaking news bit that Americans should not gather in groups of more than 10 people. We counted staff and we're at that magic number. I immediately shouted TWO MAN ENTER; ONE MAN LEAVE!!! He looked at me, confused. I then asked him WHO RUN BAH'ter Town!? Still no idea wtf I was going about. I I replied MASTAH BLASTAH RUN BAH'ter TOWN! (complete with emulated echoes from a fictional PA system). I then asked if he was ready for what's coming and told him I'm excited! I just need to put a dwarf on my shoulders and I'm set.

Poor guy has never seen a single Mad Max film.

*EDIT*
Yes, this is how I roll in the work place.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Stop going out people!
But what if there's a whole bunch of beautiful Japanese girls in school uniforms or doing Sailor Moon cosplay standing on the corner and the only way to get a look at them is to leave the house?

Yesterday I went to town with a friend of mine and his mom. We only Have a walmart which is big but not a super walmart. A Shop and Save , Doller General Store . A Doller Tree and A Walmart And Sheetz Gas Station and a Go Mart. Oh And a CVS. Thats our options to get Bread and Milk. Well In Walmart and Doller General there was no bread. I stopped at GO Mart as fluke and it had Hostess Bread.. My friends mother asked what kind is it. I said it white or wheat bread and she said well I only get Sunbeam or Wonder Bread. I ask did you need bread. She said yes . I then says its the only bread I have seen in whole town thus far. . She still wouldnt get the bread because of the Brand. When there is no bread and poor like i was as a kid. You get what there is cause all brands have soft loafs.

I've been receiving on the tongue most of my life. It felt odd receiving in my hand. I saw the priest, deacon and EM's using hand sanitizer in the sanctuary before distributing Communion.
I always receive by hand. Very very somber mood at Mass yesterday. No clue if we will have any Masses going forward. Was planning to attend the Stations of the Cross on Friday evening, but must check 1st if it is still going forward.

You dont have to go to church just as long as you believe in the father and try to be good people is all he asks.
Sorry, but God wants us to go to church. Reading the Bible is insufficient.

I wouldn't even eat bananas. The virus could possibly penetrate the skin. I would at least wash them with hot soapy water before peeling them.
This makes no sense. Even organic bananas make no sense because nothing can penetrate the skin of a banana.

Well I think we will look back on 2020 as the year in the USA where we most overreacted to an illness.
You’re missing the point. This isn’t only America. This is worldwide. My analogy is this is the world war that our parents & grandparents went through, but that we have never seen before.

Y’all won’t believe the number of old people I saw out at one of our local malls. I gave them all a wide berth. The older they looked the further away I got.
LOL, they probably thought the same thing about you.

Everyone thinks this is a really terrible pandemic, and maybe it is... But if it is, then why do people think that something so terrible, is just going to fix itself in a few months?
I don’t believe this. I believe this will last all of this year at least. To paraphrase BTO, we ain’t seen nuthin’ yet.

mainly because in 2 months it's almost summer and the virus weakens with hot weather... it will probably come back in november...
Someone said this to me yesterday. I thought germs were more prevalent in hot weather?

On a serious note, schools have closed here.
DeBlasio in NYC has closed the schools & he predicts they will be closed for the entire school year. So how does this work? A freshman has to be a freshman for 2 years?

I don't think its the heat but more so the Humidity in some states to kind burn the germs in the air. Places where I live its doesn't get hot like California or Texas but its gets humid and maybe that's a factor with Corona like a factor with Bird Flu. Or Corona just ends when it runs its course like the rest.

I always receive by hand. Very very somber mood at Mass yesterday. No clue if we will have any Masses going forward. Was planning to attend the Stations of the Cross on Friday evening, but must check 1st if it is still going forward.

Sorry, but God wants us to go to church. Reading the Bible is insufficient.

This makes no sense. Even organic bananas make no sense because nothing can penetrate the skin of a banana.

You’re missing the point. This isn’t only America. This is worldwide. My analogy is this is the world war that our parents & grandparents went through, but that we have never seen before.

LOL, they probably thought the same thing about you.

I don’t believe this. I believe this will last all of this year at least. To paraphrase BTO, we ain’t seen nuthin’ yet.

Someone said this to me yesterday. I thought germs were more prevalent in hot weather?

DeBlasio in NYC has closed the schools & he predicts they will be closed for the entire school year. So how does this work? A freshman has to be a freshman for 2 years?

I didn't know you talked to God to know what he might think about things.

I dont go to church because I find its more about the collection plate where I live then saving anyone's soul.

God is everywhere so i think whats it matter where prey or believe. As Long as you do.

I didn't know you talked to God to know what he might think about things.
As a Roman Catholic, I talk to God every day. And of course we know what he thinks about things as it’s all in the Bible. Surely you would know this?

Interestingly, at the tail end of WWI, in 1918, the world was hit with the "Spanish Flu."

It was called this because most of the reports on the disease came from Spain. This was NOT because it had originated there, but because Spain had remained neutral in the war and so did not have a media blackout like some other countries.

The Spanish Flu killed over 50 million people worldwide. It's estimated that approximately 3% of the world's population at that time was killed! The flu killed far more people by the end of 1918 than were killed in the entirety of World War One.

But what if there's a whole bunch of beautiful Japanese girls in school uniforms or doing Sailor Moon cosplay standing on the corner and the only way to get a look at them is to leave the house?
It's 2020. You can look at them on the Internet.

It's 2020. You can look at them on the Internet.
Okay. Please send me some to look at if / when you get the chance!
(Or I'll just keep checking that East Asia thread for updates!)

Please send me some to look at
MoFo isn't an appropriate place for such raunchy stuff. Send me a PM. Tell me what's your pleasure and I'll see what I can do. Warning! Kinkiness is as contagious as coronavirus!

People very testy today in Stop and Shop, which made me testy too. One woman told me I was cutting in line in a line I didn’t even know existed.

But then a very nice lady in the parking lot - Amy - gave me a squirt of her hand sanitizer & we ended up chatting so she negated the testy people.