The White Ribbon (2009)
A Useful Life (2010)
Keyhole (2011)
Escape from Tomorrow (2013)
Hard to Be a God (2013)
A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night (2014)
Blue Jay (2016)

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I remember I took a film study class in college for that brief time I actually went, everyone mostly took it as an easy credit, whereas I did it because I wanted to find some new movies ... and an easy credit. The class really consisted of two classes a week, one to watch the film, the other to discuss it. Had a couple of my favorites like The Wrestler and The Departed, loved those films before the class, love them now. A couple of odd-ball choices like Because of Winn Dixie. Then, one surprise for me was the black-and-white film Paper Moon, which I enjoyed quite a bit. Obviously, it misses the boat for this thread by like 12 years, but it's still a film made in black-and-white for artistic purposes... All I gots.

Frank Darabont wanted to release the Mist in black and white but studio wanted color, you can see the B&W on the dvd.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Black Panther

and

Silver Linings Playbook

satantango

This is one that is on my watchlist, I think it qualifies has anybody seen it?:

It certainly spends its time raming its point home with 3 hours of peasants cavorting in mud and blood(and other bodily fluids), actually feels more akin to Bela Tarr to me that Tarkovsky's Andreui Rublev that its often compared to, maybe with some Marketa Lazarova mixed in.

Tarr himself comes to mind obviously although I'v only seen Damnation and Werckmeister Harmonies both for me would be worth of that lable. Ida from 2013 definitely stands out as an excellent example of the medium used to great effect as well.

To push the timeframe back very slightly Coppola's Rumblefish is long overdue a mass rediscovery. For me its a great artful response to the style of the 80's far more interesting than any of John Hughes films, indeed I think you could argue it feels a little like Pulp Fiction a decade too early in some respects although obviously more visually focused.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Ida (2013)
Simply gorgeous framing and compositions, IMO.

*EDIT*
Dang. I see now that ScarletLion already posted this one!

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

"Would you like to make some @$#%!? Berzerker!"

Oh...somebody already mentioned Clerks.
I thought it was "would you like some making @$#%!?" Lol
Do metal face!!!!!!

One of my all time favorites

The Artist tops it for me. Not only B&W but also silent.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The Artist tops it for me. Not only B&W but also silent.
You'd think Hazanavicius would be more high profile since then but he's pretty much gone away.

Suspect's Reviews

He has worked on a few projects, but nothing mainstream. IMDB has his next work set for 2020. That is a loooooong wait. Self imposed hiatus? Who knows, he's French after all!

You'd think Hazanavicius would be more high profile since then but he's pretty much gone away.
Yeah, one would think that after winning 5 Academy Awards for The Artist, more projects would follow tout de suite! With all those awards and the attention that film received, he would have had no trouble getting any amount of funding he wanted.

[quote=Cobpyth;1850583]Some great post-1980 B&W films I've seen:
The Man Who Wasn't There (2001)
Ed Wood (1994)
Broadway Danny Rose (1984)
Raging Bull (1980)
The Elephant Man (1980)
Stardust Memories (1980)

Good call on these...I think Ed Wood is Tim Burton's best film.

Ida (2013)
Simply gorgeous framing and compositions, IMO.

*EDIT*
Dang. I see now that ScarletLion already posted this one!

It's so good it deserves to be mentioned several times though...

That reminds me, y'all should check out Ida from 2013.

Man of the Century (1999)
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra