Divorced couple happen to cross path and they become attracted again?

Tools    

Its a movie about a divorced couple. They happen to meet and fall in love again. Thats all I remember?

I, too, would assume they are looking for Carl Reiner's That Old Feeling...unless they have really massive problems with short-term memory loss and have somehow already forgotten It's Complicated.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
You guys are probably right, but based on the info, I can think of about a thousand movies, mostly from the '30s and '40s.

Buy the ticket, take the ride.
The first thing that sprung to mind for me was The Parent Trap, but that was really more about the twins than the parents getting back together.

Lord of all Fevers and Plague
Landon Donovan blew a kiss to his ex-wife after the match against Algeria. Maybe that's gonna turn into one of those movies.

Semper Fooey
We need more information.

How old about is the movie?

How old are the actors?

Is it a comedy or drama?

You probably remember a little more but consider it a minor detail. Even minor stuff could help.

Unless it is That Old Feeling then you're all set.

Its a movie about a divorced couple. They happen to meet and fall in love again. Thats all I remember?
That happened in the 1939 film, The Women, among many others.

Just the thought of remarrying an ex-wife gives me the chills. It would be like buying your first new car that you really enjoy for awhile, but then for no apparent reason it starts giving you more and more trouble and the maintenance costs get more expensive and then one rainy night it suddenly accelerates, veers off the road, straight into a tree, and damn near kills you. But you survive and slowly regain your health and your confidence, and you start driving other cars that you rent for awhile and exchange when you're tired of them. They are much newer high-performance models all shiny and sexy that smell good and give you a smooth ride, and their engines purr when you press their accelerators. But then one day you're walking past a used car lot and there in the far back corner, you suddenly spot that car you used to own. Someone has reassembled her and got her back on the street, but her shine is gone, her uphostery is worn, and she's got a lot more mileage on her now. If you look closely you can still see scars of the wreck that nearly killed you.

Now even if she seems like a bargain and evokes some fond memories, are you really going to take that old car back when you know all her faults and how she almost killed you the last time around and how long it took you to get over it? And are you really gonna give up that sexy little sports car you were driving last night or the rich Cadillac with all the luxury features that's taking you to a fancy resort this weekend, or that sporty little Jeep with the 4-wheel drive that is gonna take you up to the lake house next week?

Not if you're smart!!! A good divorce has one thing in common with a good marriage--in both cases, you need to work hard to maintain them.

Semper Fooey
I just remembered there was that lousy movie, The Marrying Man, where Alec Baldwin kept marrying Kim Bassinger several times. In the movie, I mean. There are so many movies with that plot it is almost like saying do you remember a movie where a bickering couple make up?

I confused the title with a Judy Holiday movie and now remember she also had a movie where a divorced couple get back together, Phffft, with Jack Lemmon.

The original poster hasn't returned to the site at all since the initial post, and since several members seem to think that That Old Feeling is probably correct, I'm going to mark this thread "Answered" unless we hear otherwise.

the very first film that sprang to mind,though for the life of me i couldnt remember his name (bette, on the other hand, is timeless, and will never be forgotten).

i was just thinking last week that I wanted to see that film again, because I am starting to have feelings that strongly identify with the horrified daughter as she navigates the outraged step-parents feelings.... whaddya gonna do??

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
It could be Private Lives, of course, in which a divorced couple meet again while on honeymoon with their new spouses and run off together.