Movies with car crashes? Help please.

Tools    

Hello
I need to find a suitable movie with a car crash for a psychological experiment. I would prefer it to be from a movie - that is from a Hollywood film, rather than a video taken from the internet as I wish to show many people it at the same time with a TV.
The key part of the experiment will be asking the participants to estimate the speed the car was going when it crashed into the other car or object. But I will need 30secs - a minute before the movie to ask distraction questions such as what colour was this or what colour was that. It's important that there is no showing of the speedometer for obvious reasons.
Preferably the movie will also be a 15 certifcate or less.
In short, I need a list of movies, with a short description of the crash and the minute or two before it. I'm posting here to draw upon your collective knowledge of movies to help me.
Thanks for your help in advance.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by GoldenHedgehog
Preferably the movie will also be a 15 certifcate or less.
Hey, how about David Cronenberg's Crash (1996)? That would catch the attention of the kiddies.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Hello
Thanks for the reply. Crash is a certificate 18, in the UK anyway, so is not good.
Could you and other people please reply with some more movie names. I'm running out of time.
Thanks

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Vanishing Point would be perfect for you. Can you turn in the assignment four years over due?

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Lord of all Fevers and Plague
It's a shame about the classification, because this one has an excellent crash:

The Forgotten 2004 with Julianne Moore. Just driving along talking and bam!

Semper Fooey
I have the perfect one for your purpose, but it is a TV movie and while obtainable, probably not for rent.

Smash Up on Interstate 5 (1976)
A disaster movie opening with an enormous multi-vehicle crash on a Californian highway. After the opening stunt-filled action, a flashback of the crash victims' lives prior to and leading up to the accident. The closing replays the entire "smash up" from various angles and in slow motion, depicting much carnage and indifference to the victims. Rare opportunity to view this classic 70s movie of the week.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
5 years too late guys.

He will never see these posts ever again.

Suspect's Reviews

Semper Fooey
Some joker revived a thread that old?

He really did run out of time, didn't he?