Who wants to be on our next podcast?

Tools    

If you're serious, we can definitely make it happen. If we do this with a few different people, it could end up being a few months (since we'll probably end up doing them every 4-6 weeks or something).

You can't win an argument just by being right!
but wait i don't even know if i'd be any gooood

we just talk about a movie, right? how do we decide what movie?
You'd be excellent, plus I want to hear your voice.

my voice is pretty sexy, in that nails-on-chalkboard kind of way...
Well atleast you dont have a chipmunk voice like mine.

but wait i don't even know if i'd be any gooood
Well, the good news is, by definition we can't possibly ask most of the people we try this with to come on again, so you'll have company.

I kid, but I do want to emphasize that upfront, for everyone else, too: do it because you want to try it and because you think you'll have fun, and don't sweat it if it just ends up being once, since there are far more possible podcasters than room for them, and ultimately things like how our styles or interests compliment each other is probably gonna be the main factor.

we just talk about a movie, right?
Aye. I linked a few podcasts in the OP if you wanna get a feel for how in-depth we get (short version: lots of high-level thematic analysis and talk of significant moments), though that just happens to be what the three of us found interesting. We all take notes while watching (or rewatching), but we just sort of use them to remember stuff: the actual conversation is totally freeform.

how do we decide what movie?
In the past we rotated having other members nominate movies; I'm not sure if we'll do that or not. Maybe? We try to pick films there'll be a lot to say about, and if we're doing this with a handful of different MoFos who haven't tried it before, we might just let them pick, so they can choose something they already know they'll have a lot to say about. That's why I chose Gattaca to kick things off.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
i'm listening to the Gattaca one. haha, Chris, i can always tell which one is your voice because you sound like the last 10 seconds of a 1-800 commercial hehe

no, it's fine. i can still understand you. you just sound like you're really into what you're talking about

which is good for this sort of thing really

no, it's fine. i can still understand you. you just sound like you're really into what you're talking about

which is good for this sort of thing really
HA! I said the same thing after the oscars podcast. He's the energizer bunny.

I did a podcast with Yoda and Triangles before. It's more nerve wracking then you think. I wasn't prepared for it.
i remember that. i think that's the one wintertriangles approached me about being on. i was all nervous then, too

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Don't be nervous, just act like a normal conversation and it should go by fine.

Suspect's Reviews

Legend in my own mind
I'm game, but it would depend a little on the film and the time, and more on what equipment I would need.
If it's not Skype, how would it work?