Tropic Thunder

→ in
Tools    

I don't like Mel Brooks, Airplane! or any of the Scary Movies so I guess I have no sense of movie-humor.

The first two Scary movies were ok-ish to me, but they degenerated into ham-handed slapstick instead of actual jokes. As far as Tropic thunder, I thought it had it's moments, but ultimately I was a little let down after all the hype.

...uh the post is up there...

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I havent seen this yet I know its a spoof, I really hate spoof films from Scary Movie on really. When I first saw the first 2 Scary Movie films I thought they were great, it was my age but now I detest them with a passion. The same go's for Epic Movie and all the other Spoof's like it, its just fart jokes and some woman acting sexual, its just not entertaining.

i really hated this movie till like halfway on because i didnt find any humor in it. it had maybe one or two funny parts but once it got to the action it was just alright all in all i really thought this movie was a disappointment

Welcome to the human race...
I sort of agree - I wish it had kept the vibe of the opening few minutes with the over-the-top parody of every Vietnam film ever, but you can't always get what you want.

I enjoyed it too, it's not a comedy which makes you drop dead on the floor dripping saliva and inflecting stomach ache.
(But) it has some highly enjoyable original notable ideas crafted, just the general roofing narrative is very interesting - a film inside a film.
The film makes a travesty out of film makers and all what is around them, there crews, production, actors, the process of creating, stereotypes (for instance the 'junkie' actor) even acting methods (see "the method") and of course usual film cliches, which all found expression rather well and in an entertaining manner.
The opening and introduction to the characters was original and recreative (the 'trailers'), IMO it wasn't a bad film at all.
Towards the passing of the center the film gets a little slow and falls into a quagmire of slowly drowning into cliches (and making fun of them on the way), the movie itself moves between not so sharply epigrammatical to bluntly boring at parts.
So it isn't a bad film, as I mentioned it's worth watching and I enjoyed it.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Sblast, interesting take on the film. Please take the time to introduce yourself in the Birthdays and Introductions forum. Last, but not least, WELCOME!
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
Excuse this erratic bumping, but Simple Jack must be made.

Bar none, the greatest trailer of all time. Oh, and Ben Stiller, we've also already got a Criterion in place just in case you make it:

On a serious note, though, this is hilarious.