J.J. Abrams Earthquake Movie?

Tools    

Certifiably troglodytic.
According to Firstshowing.net, there appears to be a J.J. Abrams-produced earthquake disaster movie slated for a 2009 release. Though apparently not have much to do with 1974's Earthquake, this project may be expected to center on the relational components of it's characters, a la Cloverfield.

The Omen's David Seltzer is reported to be at the writing helm.

I, for one disaster-flick-loving-goon, will look forward to Abrams' take on the subject, (so long as the writing is up to par).

Awesome. I hope this one works, J.J. Abrams is the best at what he does, so this should be good.

I am half agony, half hope.
I like disaster films, too, Tank. Especially the 70s films with all the big-name stars. My favorites are; The Poseidon Adventure, The Big Bus, Towering Inferno, Earthquake, Frogs, and does China Syndrome count? If so, that one too. I haven't seen any of the Airport films all the way through, but I'm sure they'd be fun.

I'm sure Abrams will make a much better movie, he's pretty solid.

Johann von Goethe

Certifiably troglodytic.
I like disaster films, too, Tank. Especially the 70s films with all the big-name stars. My favorites are; The Poseidon Adventure, The Big Bus, Towering Inferno, Earthquake, Frogs, and does China Syndrome count? If so, that one too. I haven't seen any of the Airport films all the way through, but I'm sure they'd be fun.

I'm sure Abrams will make a much better movie, he's pretty solid.
Those are some good ones. China Syndrome? Sure does as far as I'm concerned. It was actually released only 12 days before the 3 Mile Island disaster in 1979. Pretty good timing I'd say. Of course, Abrams could release Earthquake just about any time and it'd be pretty relevant for most Californians.

Star Trek looks like it might be great, hopefully this turns out well too.