The MoFo Avatar Thread

Tools    

What programs are you using Destiny, are they free?
This is how "I" make them, but I'm sure you can use other software.

There are trials with most any software, but don't load them, until you are ready to skip happy at it. You don't want to run out of time, and not get much done.

I bought these things . . .

Plextor Convert X

to save the stills from my VHS. I doubt you have this problem. I've been collecting movies, longer than I care to remember. Also, there is no trial period for this one. It has hardware as well.

Corel InterVideo WinDVD 8 Gold

A lot of the DVD software, we have for our computers, has the camera on them. You use that for snagging your screen-shots. I find that this one takes the pictures the fastest. I have yet to have to go back, and retake any. It snags every last screen shot from a scene, in one go. You just need an itchy trigger finger.

Corel Paint Shop Pro

You only need this, when the pictures are too dark. Hit "One step photo fix", and that is usually all it takes to lighten it perfectly.

This is what puts them together.

Corel Animation Shop

As far as I know, you can use Windows Movie Maker, for this as well. I haven't checked into it yet. However, that is how some people I know, make their you-tube videos. There is a message board for this. For the most part, they discuss all the things you can do and make, using your Windows Movie Maker. I'll send you the link.

This makes it look like it takes forever to make them, but I can now toss one together in no time at all. It just takes a tad of practice.

OK, after driving Yoda insane today, I've come to realize that this . . .

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 90 by 90 pixels or 244.1 KB (whichever is smaller).

. . . is only for when we upload them to his message board.

If we upload them to another site, like photobucket, etc . . . and then URL them here, we only have to follow the 90 by 90 pixel rule.

Why didn't I know this? Cause I'm a boob, OK!?!

Why does this matter? Well, I sure was taking loads of time, to edit out/delete many of the frames from the avatars in my first post. I can put those back the way they were, now. As well as shrink quite a few more.

I really should get more sleep.

Well - I for one like Boobs.

This is all too technical for me so I must be a double

..makes my stomach ache..they are cute though..lol

lmao My kids use to watch this show, Bananas In Pajamas. If you've seen this, you know where I'm going. The two bananas had nicknames. B1 & B2. We'll just be Boob 1 & Boob 2. Are you on the left, or the right?

I just shrank these real fast. I didn't make them.

**** <~ Now that's a gift!

I'll make those others this week. I swear!

lmao My kids use to watch this show, Bananas In Pajamas. If you've seen this, you know where I'm going. The two bananas had nicknames. B1 & B2. We'll just be Boob 1 & Boob 2. Are you on the left, or the right?
I know the show Either side is ok by me

I snooped through this thread, cause I'm nosy, and at the moment, lazy . . .

At the mo i really want this avatar, but its too big
Had to make it smaller than 90x90 to fit into 25kb... Had to cut it down some, but I gave it my best shot. Here ya are, buddy:

(happy tree friends are awesome, by the way)
This was a super old request, but I've learned that you don't have to worry about the KB, if you host it elsewhere. He was editing out some of the scenes, like I ended up doing for a while. Here it is, back to normal, and at 90 by 90.

Can someone shrink these down to 90x90 for me, please?
I'm not sure you're still here. I think it's been a month, or so. Anyway, I fixed these . . .

this was going to be my first avatar when i came here, but i couldn't figure out how to animate it when it was in my avatar spot.

funny right
This one was doing like some of the others, where even though it's a GIF, they show, and save, as a Bitmap. I don't know why, but I've always been able to get them to save as a GIF, if I email them to myself.

URL it, if you still want to use it. It will work.

That Ferris Bueller one is nicicles Des, an avatar of "the chase" from that'd be sweetsville
I didn't forget about you. I had to reformat my computer last week, or whenever, and since then, I can't get my Plextor to work very well. The videos look rather rough. So far, this is what I have, and it isn't looking so hot.

Hey! is there anyway you could maybe if u have some free time resize and add snow effect to this picture i cropped of the new Spirit Movie?
thanks. understand if its too much of a hastle.
[punches him in the face, grabs him and points his gun right at his throat] I never said anything about the FBI. She's my partner, ese. And if anything happens to her, I will find you and I will kill you. I won't think twice. Come here, look in my eyes. [pushes barrel of the gun into his mouth and cocks it] Look at my face. If anything happens to her, I will kill you. This is between you and me, and nobody sees, nobody knows.

I have only seen this movie once, maybe twice, and that was yeeeeears ago. What scene do you mean? The one where the parking attendance bring the car back, the one where his sister has to drive like crazy, to give Ferris enough time to get home, or . . .

Thanks! I like these that I made. Although, like I said, the Ferris Bueller ones are going to be more-so scratchy, because I am using a VHS. That, and I can't get the pictures to save as quickly, so I have to figure what goes where.

hahaha fantastic job on these by the way! i love them! wheres the first pic from? i laughed so hard i first saw it my brother came in and yelled at me haha

Yes, I can give it a whirl sometime this weekend.

This . . .

is this . . .

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)

It's a great movie.

Thanks so much. and i just discovered that we have the movie and im watching it now. really good.
Good. Let me know what you thought of it. I've never done the snow before, but I already found out how to do it. I will make it on Sunday. I will be gone until late tomorrow night.

It was awesome! the clip you used looks goofy in avatar form out of context but in the movie i was like "aw HELL no! what the F????" haha
Great! I was afraid it was going to spoil something. hehe
I had the same reaction to it, too. A big WTF?

OK, I added some dots/snow to it, and then I added the animated snow. I thought it looked decent for starters, but once I made it smaller, the snow barely showed up. I am going to shrink the picture, and then add the snow. Hopefully the snow doesn't look too big, but I may be able to reduce it by itself first.

Here is this one, a tad bigger, without the box and words. If anyone prefers.

I am half agony, half hope.
Hey, Des,

Do you have any summery/flowery fairy avatars like the autumn one I stole (borrowed) from you? If you do, Could I please see them, to perhaps borrow them also? Thanks either way, hon.

Johann von Goethe

Hey, Des,

Do you have any summery/flowery fairy avatars like the autumn one I stole (borrowed) from you? If you do, Could I please see them, to perhaps borrow them also? Thanks either way, hon.
Ironically, I have been looking around for something for you, and I was again, just now. I am trying to find a site with a bunch of downloads for these things. So far I have snow, and rain. I've had glitter for years, but I only ever learned how to make words with it. I will try photos in a bit. *I'm having a lazy day.*
Usually I just snag pictures, and alter them, or make them from my movies. I have always wanted to make these as well.

I found these sometime back, but they put font on this one, and I had to clip her wings to get it off.

Then this one that I was hoping to find something to add to it. I lightened it up, but I don't know what to add.

I'll look around for some animated fairies in a bit, and maybe I will luck out.