Kevin Spacey sexual advance accusations

Tools    

thoughts?

Oh, no, him too?

He more or less said, i may have done this when i was drunk and now i think this is a good time to finally come out. I'm not joking, he got accused of abusing a then child actor and he said it's possible if so i apologize then he admitted he's gay.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
The more who speak out from either side on this point is encouraged to shut the whol nasty culture down.

I always respected Spacey for being private. Gay rumors abounded for years, but I saw no reason for him to disclose his sexual orientation. Interesting that he is coming out now.

Pretty sure him coming out is damage control, an attempt to change the story. It's been well known that he was gay for years but there's also been rumours that he preys on young actors and that's obviously what this is, not just young but a then child.

There's also been rumours that he preys on young actors and that's obviously what this is, not just young but a then child.
Didn’t know that.

If it's true, why did it take 30 years for the guy to speak up?
Also I see no reason in cancelling HoC. If an actor/director did something bad in real life it should in no way affect their work.

If it's true, why did it take 30 years for the guy to speak up?.
Why does it take anyone so long to uncover the shame of sexual assault? Do you question the many men speking out now against the filth of the two most powerful church institutions in the world that happened to them last century?

Pretty sure him coming out is damage control, an attempt to change the story. It's been well known that he was gay for years but there's also been rumours that he preys on young actors and that's obviously what this is, not just young but a then child.
You called it right. Spacey announcing he's gay right after he's accused of attempted sexual assault of a 14 year old, is damage control and rather sleazy damage control. It's like he's blaming being gay on his actions.

This says it well.
Ashlee Marie Preston, writer and activist tweeted: "I'm not interested in Kevin Spacey being gay. I'm curious as to why we're conflating sexuality w/ the molestation of a minor. Stay on topic."

Also I see no reason in cancelling HoC. If an actor/director did something bad in real life it should in no way affect their work.
I love spacey as my future husband but you really should go over that comment a few times and let it sink in. I'm sure you dont mean for it to come across that way, which is pretty appalling.

Not gonna go over the reasons abuse victims struggle to come forward right away because we have a million times here.

Consider that was a very calculated response from Spacey that he took hours to compose...and he said it's possible. I'd be very surprised if there wasn't more accusations to come and that he's well aware of this.

You called it right. Spacey announcing he's gay right after he's accused of attempted sexual assault of a 14 year old, is damage control and rather sleazy damage control. It's like he's blaming being gay on his actions.

This says it well.
I'm not getting that at all. 1. he was probbly questioned about it like since the day dot 2. he outed himself to shut up the tiitlation crowd who take the focus off the actuat matter at hand

Kevin Stacey saying he was drunk and so can't remember is a perfect way for him to try and dodge it. But I don't respect that. I'd rather he own up to it, or deny it, if not true. He must be a good poker player.

Consider that was a very calculated response from Spacey that he took hours to compose...and he said it's possible. I'd be very surprised if there wasn't more accusations to come and that he's well aware of this.
Like i may be wrong obv but i imagine he discussed the best possible response with lawyers and whoever and his instinct was to deny it, but they asked if it was possible that anyone else would come forward and that's the reason he's not denied it. His coming out has been a long awaited event, people thought he'd come out when he was hosting the Golden Globes or whatever it was (think there was even a thread for it here) so he knew that'd be his best chance at changing the story away from the accusations.