The Mofo Top 100 Television Shows

Tools    

Mad About You was decent. I've always had a weird crush on Helen Hunt, even as a kid. I guess I just dug older women
That's not a weird crush. That woman is hot. You're not alone, RP. JD is another one of us.

GS, give Mad About You a go. It's a really good show but, as mentioned, it goes off in the later seasons. I thought about putting it on my list, but I've not seen it for a long time with the exception of season 1, which I have on dvd. A similar thing happened with a few sitcoms. If I were to make a 100, I'm certain it'd be there, though.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
97. Supernatural (2005 - )

Theme Song

Quote: Dean Winchester: [Looking at the haunted hotel] We might even run into Fred and Daphne inside. Mmmm... Daphne. Love her.

Described as a Buffy meets the X - Files type show, a demon hunting brother duo travel the U.S.

It took ten years to finally get a network to sign off on the pilot, but Supernatural quickly became one of the WB's then the CW's most successful shows.

Interesting tidbit: Episodes are often named after movies or classic rock songs.

Let's beat 'em to the punch moment When deciding to cast another younger brother the writers titled the episode in which he appears "Jumping the Shark". In yet another wink-wink- nudge-nudge moment, the brothers can be seen eating at Cousin Oliver's Diner.

In case you don't know, jumping the shark comes from a Happy Days episode where Fonzie literally jumps a shark. It has come to mean the moment a show goes over the edge and no longer becomes as good as it was.

Cousin Oliver syndrome refers to when a younger cast member is brought in because the other cast has grown up out of the cute stage as when Cousin Oliver was brought into the Brady Bunch cast.

45 points 1 3rd place & 1 4th place

I was one of the two people who put "Mad About You" at #25 on my list.

Who was the other one?
JayDee also gave it a point. It was a show that I liked but rarely ever got to watch because my S/O at the time hated it with a passion.

I agree that after the baby things went down hill, but I love that name Mabel and use it quite a bit in stories and such.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
97. Supernatural (2005 - )

I don't watch "Supernatural" because I hate Jensen Ackles. I hated him in his smaller roles on "Dawson's Creek" and "Smallville", so when they made him the star of a show, I never even watched one episode of "Supernatural". There's just something about him that rubs me the wrong way.

I don't watch "Supernatural" because I hate Jensen Ackles. I hated him in his smaller roles on "Dawson's Creek" and "Smallville", so when they made him the star of a show, I never even watched one episode of "Supernatural". There's just something about him that rubs me the wrong way.
I have no idea who either of those guys are but something has always stopped me from watching it. It seems like something I may enjoy as I usually like shows that deal with the supernatural.

I have as much interest in Supernatural, as i have a kick in the nuts.
So you're really interested in Supernatural? Fascinating.

Just here for the free donuts
If it was on the WB/CW, it was automatically at a disadvantage, as far as the odds of me watching it.

I've seen a few episodes of Dragon Ball, but it wasn't my cup of tea, so I didn't give Dragon Ball Z a try. Now I've watched quite a few clips from the show and it doesn't look bad, just maybe not my thing.
It was my favorite show when I was 12. But I wouldn't try to revisit it. The manga is considered superior as well.

Out of the one thousand anime shows reviewed here, it got one of the lowest ratings (2):

http://www.nihonreview.com/anime/

"I seriously don’t know where to begin. Right now, on one hand, I have my favorite TV show from my pubescent years while on the other I have a steaming pile of ****. As much as I would love to write a glowing review from the vantage point of my 13 year old self I just can’t bring myself to recommend Dragonball Z to anyone regardless of the nostalgia value it contains. While Dragonball Z is arguably one of the most popular anime ever, I can whole-heartedly state that it is also one of the worst. Besides the above-average musical score, DBZ suffers from poor animation, God awful pacing, and a chronic lack of originality after the first 40 episodes."

Yeah. Supernatural and Dragon Ball Z. Great picks, guys.

Hm. I'm having trouble finding just the right amount of sarcasm here. Hope it got through.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Welcome to the human race...
What were you expecting to find at the very bottom of the list?

I can tell that this is going to be a very strange and eclectic list. It feels like any show has a chance of making it, so that should make things interesting and unpredictable.

I'm surprised to see Dragon Ball Z make the list. As a kid, I stumbled across it early one morning while flipping channels, and I was instantly enamored by the non-stop fighting. I didn't catch the name of the show, though, and I didn't see it again until a few years later when it started airing every evening on the Cartoon Network. One of my best friends in middle school was a huge fan of the show. He owned every episode on VHS (which probably cost quite a bit of money, since each VHS tape only contained two or three episodes, compared to the box-sets that you can buy nowadays for less than $20). He'd bring a couple of VHS tapes with him to school and let me borrow them, so I caught up on the earlier sagas while watching the Android/Cell saga that was currently airing on television.

I was really into Dragon Ball Z for awhile. I had t-shirts, action figures, video games. I watched several of the films. At the time, I was accustomed to shows that wrapped everything up in thirty minutes, so the serialization of Dragon Ball Z felt exciting and fresh. I couldn't wait to see the next episode. When I think back to the show nowadays, a lot of it seems very dragged out, and I remember entire episodes that seemed to feature nothing but lots and lots of grunting as the characters leveled up. But I haven't actually watched an episode in forever. I want to buy the box-sets at some point and revisit it.

I didn't vote for Dragon Ball Z, nor did I give any consideration to doing so, but I am a fan of the show.

Because I can't sleep and don't know what time I'll finally be waking up, I'm going to post this now. Also I kinda want to avoid the inevitable bitching.

96. NFL Monday Night Football (1970 - )

Theme Songs

Quote:He could go all the way! ~ Howard Cosell

The title says it all; it's NFL football on Monday night.

Love it or hate it, it's here to stay. ESPN extended its contract for another eight years.

Claim to fame: One of the longest running and highest rated prime time network shows of all time.

Cranky sportscaster moments: Back in the Howard Cosell days he was constantly butting heads with Dandy Don Meredith. The two had very different approaches to sportscasting and argued often.

95. One Piece (1999- )

Theme song

Quote: Monkey D. Luffy: I'm the man who's going to be the Pirate King!

Based on the manga One Piece is about Monkey D. Luffy and his gang searching the oceans looking for the ultimate treasure known as One Piece.

Memorable emotional moment:
WARNING: "Spoilers" spoilers below
Luffy's brother Ace dies in his arms.

Memorable fight scene: Luffy beats up Crocodile to Dvorak's "Symphony No. 9 (Movement IV)."

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Because I can't sleep and don't know what time I'll finally be waking up, I'm going to post this now. Also I kinda want to avoid the inevitable bitching.

96. NFL Monday Night Football (1970 - )
95. One Piece (1999- )

I guess I'm one of the people who will be "bitching" about these two shows.

I hate football, so I would never watch any football games, and it screws up the TV schedule for "real" shows.

And I've never even heard of the second show.

I've never heard of One Piece, Dragon Ball, or Supernatural.

I didn't vote for Monday Night Football because, to me, it's a sporting event. Otherwise, I'd have to vote for pretty much every single football show from the last 35 years. It would've been very high on my list had I looked at it differently.

I don't think I've ever even heard of One Piece and I really couldn't care less about football.
So, yeah, didn't vote for either.