Song Tournament 3 - Brackets

Tools    

Welcome to Song Tournament 3!
Before we begin, please read the following:

1. Any (real) MoFo can vote once per match. I will not accept changes in votes and I will not accept votes from any user that I suspect to be the alias of an established MoFo. I reserve the right to disregard any vote I deem suspect.

2. Make sure you listen to all songs in a bracket (or at least part of each song) before making your selection. I say this not just because I want you to give each song fair consideration but also so that you know exactly which version of each song you are voting for or against. If for some reason you are unable to play a video linked in a match, type in or copy and paste the song and artist information into YouTube’s Search Bar and find a video for that song that does work for you. I will not post multiple links for the same song.

3. I ask that all participants vote in every match of a bracket. If you are one of the ten nominating participants, you must vote on each match of a daily set. Incomplete votes from nominators will not be counted. (If you did not nominate any songs and are participating strictly as a voter, you may vote in whichever matches you want, though I would prefer if you vote in all of them).

4. If all of your nominations have been eliminated, please continue to vote in the remaining matches.

5. Any tied match will be determined by a new voter.

6. The method for determining matches will be a little different this time. In the past, matches for Round 1 were determined at random, while the matches for subsequent rounds were determined sequentially (In Round 2, the winner of Round 1, Match 1 would go up against the winner of Round 1, Match 2 and so on). To make it a little more interesting, matches for rounds 2-6 will be determined at random from the pool of winners of the previous round.

Voting for each set will be open for approximately 24 hours and will begin at roughly 7:00 p.m. Pacific time. Each daily set will contain 8 matches.

1. Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street
(the INXS song wasn't bad, though)

2. Eminem - Mockingbird

3. Bobby Fuller Four - Let Her Dance

4. Susanna Hoffs - My Side of the Bed

5. Del Shannon - Runaway

6. Animal Collective - My Girls

7. Lou Reed - Walk on the Wild Side
(Goodbye, "Imagine" - Miss Vicky, I know you rigged this.)

8. IAMX - Nature of Inviting

Yes, I rigged it. Uh huh.

I like both of the songs in that match. The only "rigging" I did was to not use any pairs in which both songs were from the same participant.

I like the video for "Suicide Blonde" a lot. But the song itself doesn't win me over my own song.

1. INXS - Suicide Blonde

2. Lou Reed - Perfect Day

4. Chumbawamba - The Digger Song

5. Del Shannon - Runaway

6. Coldplay - The Scientist

7. John Lennon - Imagine

8. Green Jelly - Three Little Pigs

Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch sang a version of "Wild Side."

Only reason that song swayed me.

Let the night air cool you off
1. INXS - Suicide Blonde
2. Eminem - Mockingbird (don't like either song)
3. Big Memphis Ma Rainey - Baby No! No!
5. Del Shannon - Runaway
6. Animal Collective - My Girls
7. Lou Reed - Walk On The Wild Side

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Was that Godoggo's?

Godoggo, stick with Muppets.
You know nothing, Sexy Celebrity. That's a fantastic historical song that has been sung and recorded by countless people and I wouldn't be surprised if a muppet or two sang it. Anyway, I'm sure you'll hate more of my songs worse.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
1. INXS - Suicide Blond
2. Lou Reed - Perfect Day
3. Bob Fuller Four - Let Her Dance
5. Del Shannon - Runaway - Love that song.
6. Cold Play - The Scientist
7. Lou Reed - Walk on the Wild Side - Tough match
8. Green Jelly - Three Little Pigs - Such a great video (I didn't vote for it based on that)

1. Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street

2. Eminem - Mockingbird

4. Susanna Hoffs - My Side of the Bed

5. Bruce Springsteen - Sad Eyes

6. Coldplay - The Scientist

7. John Lennon - Imagine

Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

On the outside looking in.
1. GERRY RAFFERTY - Baker Street

2. LOU REED - Perfect Day

3. BOBBY FULLER FOUR - Let Her Dance

4. SUSANNA HOFFS - My Side of the Bed

5. BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN - Sad Eyes

6. COLDPLAY - The Scientist

7. JOHN LENNON - Imagine

Match 1
Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street
INXS - Suicide Blonde

Match 2
Eminem - Mockingbird
Lou Reed - Perfect Day

Match 3
Bobby Fuller Four- Let Her Dance
Big Memphis Ma Rainey - Baby No! No!

Match 4
Susanna Hoffs - My Side of the Bed
Chumbawamba - The Digger Song

Match 5
Del Shannon - Runaway
Bruce Springsteen - Sad Eyes

Match 6
Animal Collective - My Girls
Coldplay - The Scientist

Match 7
John Lennon - Imagine
Lou Reed - Walk On The Wild Side

Match 8
IAMX - Nature of Inviting
Green Jelly - Three Little Pigs

The first two matches are pretty easy, but the songs I voted against were still good songs. I've already told SC that Baker Street and Runaway were two songs I nearly put among my nominations, so those were easy picks. Lastly, who the hell nominated Animal Collective? Thanks, now I've had to vote for Coldplay. I also had to listen to Coldplay, so thanks to who ever nominated that crap, as well. *sulk*