Song Tournament 2 Bracket

Tools    

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Apparently "we're" the musically narrow minded ones

For the record, like most genres, there's plenty of good rap/hip-hop and plenty of bad rap/hip-hop. Everyone raves about Eminem these days, but Public Enemy are the guys.
Yeah they are. I should nominate them if there is another tournament.

I actually think that both are correlated: a person that likes everything doesn't love anything. You would expect a person that loves music to dislike many genres. A person that studies classical music, for instance, probably doesn't like most popular music..
Oh blerg. Many of the best musical artists are the ones who are influenced by and get excited about many different genres of music. Ray Charles is a big example of this.

Music flows, evolves and intertwines so that you can pick most genres of music and see how it influenced and was influenced by other genres. Rockabilly holds hands with country, bluegrass, punk, surf and other styles of music. Blues has influenced almost everything, country is a virtual melting pot of many genres and so on and so on. The more knowledgable I have become about music the more I have come to appreciate the many different genres of music and I'm fairly certain that's the norm and not the exception.

2. Motorhead (I really don't like either of them, but I guess this one is slightly better, and it's not Ozzy Osbourne)
4. Led Zeppelin
7. Camper van Beethoven

I'm gonna listen to the rest tomorrow, if I remember.

On the outside looking in.

Who the hell picked this lot? Talk about soul destroying. We need a smilie that's hanging itself.
Too true! There's only so many of them I could vote for in good conscience:

3. David Bowie - Ashes to Ashes

4. Led Zeppelin - Ramble On

5. B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head

6. Bob Dylan - Tangled Up in Blue

7. Camper Van Beethoven - Take the Skinheads Bowling

8. Bob Dylan - Duquesne Whistle

My god, how much better these 16 songs were than the last 16 songs. Many great songs below.

1. Deadly Sinners - 3 Inches of Blood
vs Helloween - How Many Tears

2. Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train
+ vs Motorhead - Ace of Spades
(close)

3. Rammstein - Mein Teil
vs David Bowie - Ashes to Ashes

vs Austra - Reconcile
(very nice surprise! , some great electronic music here)

vs Black Sabbath - Neon Knights

6. Sodom - Ausgebombt
vs Bob Dylan - Tangled Up in Blue

7. Camper Van Beethoven - Take the Skinheads Bowling
vs Michael Andrews and Gary Jules - Mad World

8. Journey - Any Way You Want It
vs Bob Dylan - Duquesne Whistle

Let the night air cool you off
Votes for the four I left out earlier

1. Helloween (I don't care for either to be honest, but "enjoyed" this slightly more. Plus I am partial to this band because I was born on the day that inspired their name.)
5. B.J. Thomas
7. Camper Van Beethoven
8. Bob Dylan

Oh blerg. Many of the best musical artists are the ones who are influenced by and get excited about many different genres of music. Ray Charles is a big example of this.
I agree. Most musicians that I've heard interviewed or heard/read talking about this are inspired by whatever inspires them. Those who actually make the music appear to be the least snobbish of all music fans. Even the pop flavour of the month stuff or The Spice Girls/Take That/Whoever are liked or have aspects that are liked, enjoyed or even admired by other musicians and not just those in the same sphere/genre.

I like that David Bowie music video.

I don't care for the song.

For me, not everything David Bowie does is gold.
No, but Ashes to Ashes is Well at least it's winning now and Tangled Up in Blue is well ahead

I agree. Most musicians that I've heard interviewed or heard/read talking about this are inspired by whatever inspires them. Those who actually make the music appear to be the least snobbish of all music fans. Even the pop flavour of the month stuff or The Spice Girls/Take That/Whoever are liked or have aspects that are liked, enjoyed or even admired by other musicians and not just those in the same sphere/genre.
How could you not love Mel B?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I wish I had known about this song before we did nominations, although I'm not sure if it had been released by then:

This is an actual brand new Prince song.

No, but Ashes to Ashes is Well at least it's winning now and Tangled Up in Blue is well ahead
I think the song is irritating. He seems way too obsessed with this Major Tom character. I don't give a f**k about this Major Tom.

I think the song is irritating. He seems way too obsessed with this Major Tom character. I don't give a f**k about this Major Tom.
Too bad Sexy, I thought you would have liked it, it's kind of like the end of Major Tom and has 70s songs isn't it, like looking back at the character. What are your favourite Bowie songs?

Too bad Sexy, I thought you would have liked it, it's kind of like the end of Major Tom and has 70s songs isn't it, like looking back at the character.

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!
1. Helloween - How Many Tears

2. Motorhead - Ace of Spades (close one again)

3. David Bowie - Ashes to Ashes

6. Bob Dylan - Tangled Up in Blue

7. Michael Andrews and Gary Jewels - Mad World

8. Journey - Any Way You Want It

Reviews

Current Tally
(13 voters, but not everybody voted in all matches, because listening to two songs and choosing one is just too hard or something)

1. Deadly Sinners - 3 Inches of Blood (2) vs Helloween - How Many Tears (10)

2. Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train (3) vs Motorhead - Ace of Spades (9)

3. Rammstein - Mein Teil (4) vs David Bowie - Ashes to Ashes (8)

4. Led Zeppelin - Ramble On (7) vs Austra - Reconcile (6)

5. B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head (7) vs Black Sabbath - Neon Knights (4)

6. Sodom - Ausgebombt (2) vs Bob Dylan - Tangled Up in Blue (9)

7. Camper Van Beethoven - Take the Skinheads Bowling (5) vs Michael Andrews and Gary Jewels - Mad World (7)

8. Journey - Any Way You Want It (7) vs Bob Dylan - Duquesne Whistle (4)

Looks like another one of my nominees is going down. I’ve got three noms in the next set and I’d better see at least one move on to round two!

Too bad Sexy, I thought you would have liked it, it's kind of like the end of Major Tom and has 70s songs isn't it, like looking back at the character. What are your favourite Bowie songs?
Only like a couple of his hits -- Young Americans, Fame, I'm Afraid of Americans, Modern Love. I'm not really into his early years and his eccentric costume pieces and such.

Well, the bands that I like tend to be quite snobbish. I have seem interviews and they were very critical of some genres. Musicians can be inspired by several genres but they also think that several genres are crap.

Current Tally
(12 voters, but not everybody voted in all matches, because listening to two songs and choosing one is just too hard or something)

1. Deadly Sinners - 3 Inches of Blood (1) vs Helloween - How Many Tears (9)

2. Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train (3) vs Motorhead - Ace of Spades (8)

3. Rammstein - Mein Teil (4) vs David Bowie - Ashes to Ashes (7)

4. Led Zeppelin - Ramble On (7) vs Austra - Reconcile (5)

5. B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head (7) vs Black Sabbath - Neon Knights (3)

6. Sodom - Ausgebombt (1) vs Bob Dylan - Tangled Up in Blue (9)

7. Camper Van Beethoven - Take the Skinheads Bowling (5) vs Michael Andrews and Gary Jewels - Mad World (6)

8. Journey - Any Way You Want It (6) vs Bob Dylan - Duquesne Whistle (4)

Looks like another one of my nominees is going down. I’ve got three noms in the next set and I’d better see at least one move on to round two!
You forgot to count The Gunslinger's votes.

1. Helloween (I don't care for either to be honest, but "enjoyed" this slightly more. Plus I am partial to this band because I was born on the day that inspired their name.)
How Many Tears is not Helloween's most accessible song. Try listening to their mainstream songs, much more accessible, almost like stuff like Scorpions: