Song Tournament 2 Bracket

Tools    

Apparently "we're" the musically narrow minded ones
Who said that? I never claimed that everybody else that was participating in the song tournament is musically narrow minded.

For the record, like most genres, there's plenty of good rap/hip-hop and plenty of bad rap/hip-hop. Everyone raves about Eminem these days, but Public Enemy are the guys.
I have extremely narrow music tastes. Among popular genres I only love heavy metal (about 95% of all popular music I have listened over the past 10 years has been heavy metal) but I can like a few bands from other genres (such as Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Deep Purple, Scorpions, Ramones). I cannot listen to any rap/hip hop, however, they all sound like pure garbage to me. I just am not attracted to the sound of a man talking fast with a ghetto accent and a simple electronic rhythm underneath.

Also I must say that my film tastes are much broader than my music tastes.

Voting's almost over for the first 8 matches and we've had only 11 votes. Frightened Inmate #2 - WTF dude. You're the only person who nominated songs and hasn't voted yet.

Also I must say that my film tastes are much broader than my music tastes.
You don't say.

And yet it is I who am "not serious about music."

You can be extremely serious about music and still have extremely narrow music tastes. I actually think that both are correlated: a person that likes everything doesn't love anything. You would expect a person that loves music to dislike many genres. A person that studies classical music, for instance, probably doesn't like most popular music.

Tarkovsky was extremely serious about film (one of the most serious lovers of film ever) and he had extremely narrow film tastes, he considered 95% of all films to be garbage (the only American director he liked was Chaplin!) but he loved film.

Let the night air cool you off
In the previous tournament you were upset because heavy metal didn't fare that well, and you claimed we just didn't understand it. Then you generalize the entire hip-hop genre with this:

a man talking fast with a ghetto accent and a simple electronic rhythm underneath.
This kind of reeks of hypocrisy. I understand not liking it, but at least give it the credit it's due. Not every rapper "talks fast," not every beat is as simple as you claim it. Not every beat is even "electronic."

Tarkovsky was extremely serious about film (one of the most serious lovers of film ever) and he had extremely narrow film tastes, he considered 95% of all films to be garbage (the only American director he liked was Chaplin!) but he loved film.
Firstly, Chaplin was British. A Londoner, to be precise.

Secondly, you went ahead without me?!?!?! Bastards!

1. Simon & Garfunkel - The Sound of Silence

2. Johnny Cash - God's Gonna Cut You Down

3. The Kinks - Destroyer

4. Cage the Elephant - In One Ear

5. Creedence Clearwater Revival - I Heard It Through the Grapevine

6. Vivaldi - Spring

7. Artillery - By Inheritance

8. Killer Mike - Untitled

Current tallies

1. The Sound of Silence (9) vs. Don't Look Back In Anger (3)
2. God's Gonna Cut You Down (11) vs. The Porpoise Song (1)
3. Sweet Young Thing (5) vs. The Destroyer (7)
4. Lookin' Out My Back Door (9) vs. In One Ear (3)
5. Our House (7) vs. Heard It Through the Grapevine (5)
6. Spring (8) vs. Sick Of You (4)
7. Candyman (6) vs. By Inheritance (6)
8. Untitled (7) vs. Keep Me In Your Heart (5)

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Listened to it, hated it.
Cool, don't listen to it if you don't like it.

Rap is the sound of a fat black man talking with a simple electronic rhythm under. There are some minor variations though.
Kno is white.

If it is music or not is something that depends on the person's opinion but it certainly is not music in the traditional sense of a melody created by a sequence of notes.
You most likely don't know what musical notes are.

Of course, anything is music. The sound of my typing in the keyboard right now is music.
Make an album based on that and earn a lot of cash. No? See? It's not that easy.

music definition is:

"Music is any sound that some people like to listen to it."
No. Music is any sound that Guaporense likes to listen to.

Also, my instrument argument was rather sarcastic.
Yeah, sure.

A person that studies classical music, for instance, probably doesn't like most popular music.
Yeah, the fact I like pineapples means I most likely don't like potatoes...
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Winners

1. The Sound of Silence
2. God's Gonna Cut You Down
3. The Destroyer
4. Lookin' Out My Back Door
5. Our House
6. Spring
7. Candyman
8. Untitled

Poor Warren.

I've only got one nominee in today's matches and I don't have high hopes that it'll beat its opponent.

Stupid Kinks. Stupid Roy Orbison. G-damn Johnny Cash.

One of my songs did win, though (Our House).

Cool, don't listen to it if you don't like it.
Well, I usually don't but over the past 20 years I have listened to quite some rap due to external reasons.

Kno is white.
I see. But his accent is typical American ghetto accent.

You most likely don't know what musical notes are.
Well, I know how to play several of the songs I nominated here.

Make an album based on that and earn a lot of cash. No? See? It's not that easy.
I don't know how hard it is to make an album that sells well. It may be easy if you are a rapper that manages to fit with the tastes of the public that buys those albums.

Yeah, the fact I like pineapples means I most likely don't like potatoes...
That's not valid argumentation. The fact is that when people are more serious about music they tend to have a higher expectations of the music they listen and thus they tend to be more elitist in their tastes and consider a lot of things trash.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I see. But his accent is typical American ghetto accent.
What's 'typical American ghetto accent' to begin with?

Well, I know how to play several of the songs I nominated here.
Cool. What instrument do you play?

It may be easy if you are a rapper that manages to fit with the tastes of the public that buys those albums.
It's not that easy as it seems.

The fact is that when people are more serious about music they tend to have a higher expectations of the music they listen and thus they tend to be more elitist in their tastes and consider a lot of things trash.
Yea, pineapple is more elitist than potatoes, yet I love both!