Song Tournament 2 Bracket

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
*must resist urge to change avatar to this...*
May the force be with you!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

On the outside looking in.
1. Oasis - Don't Look Back In Anger

2. Johnny Cash - God's Gonna Cut You Down

3. The Monkees - Sweet Young Thing

4. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Lookin' Out My Back Door

5. Madness - Our House

6. Vivaldi - Spring

7. Roy Orbison - Candy Man

8. Warren Zevon - Keep Me In Your Heart

Preliminary Score (10 votes so far)

1. Sound of Silence 7-3
2. God's Gonna Cut You Down 9-1
3. Tie 5-5
4. Lookin' Out My Back Door 9-1
5. Our House 6-4
6. Spring 7-3
7. Tie 5-5
8. Tie 5-5

I'm surprised it's a tie for Sweet Young Thing.
I voted for it but not enthusiastically. The Kinks are a good band but that song didn't appeal to me at all. "Sweet Young Thing" was pleasant but I didn't love it.

It's a nice little song off the first album put out by The Monkees, sung by Michael Nesmith.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
1.Simon& Garfunkel - The Sound of Silencevs Oasis - Don't Look Back In Anger Sound of Silence is such a great song
2.Johnny Cash - God's Gonna Cut You Down if you don't vote for my song vs The Monkees - The Porpoise Song
3. The Monkees - Sweet Young Thing vs. The Kinks - Destroyer

4. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Lookin' Out My Back Door vs Cage the Elephant - In One Ear first time hearing Cage. It was fun.

5. Madness - Our House vs Creedence Clearwater Revival - I Heard It Through the Grapevine Our House is a great song!

6. Vivaldi vs Gwar - Sick of You Dedicated to Vivaldi

7. Roy Orbison - Candy Man vs. Artillery - By Inheritance

8. Killer Mike - Untitled vs Warren Zevon - Keep Me In Your Heart

I love Warren Zevon. Still can't believe he's been gone for 10 years now.

And that particular song is one of a rare few that can bring a tear to my eye. The line "Sometimes when you're doing simple things around the house, maybe you'll think of me and smile" just kills me every time.

The Killer Mike song was okay, but not something I'd care to listen to again.

Well then, no plus rep from me for Goddoggo (or for Sexy).
No plus rep from me either - she didn't vote for The Monkees.

But thanks for voting for Madness.

I love Warren Zevon. Still can't believe he's been gone for 10 years now.

And that particular song is one of a rare few that can bring a tear to my eye. The line "Sometimes when you're doing simple things around the house, maybe you'll think of me and smile" just kills me every time.
Have you lost somebody important to you, Miss Vicky?

Have you lost somebody important to you, Miss Vicky?
No friends or family members yet (thankfully), but - lame though it might sound - there have been some special pets in my life that have passed away where something simple will make me think of them. So I can relate on that level.

But a lot of why it affects me is just in how it relates to Zevon himself. I've been a big fan of his work for a long time. This was his goodbye song and The Wind was his goodbye album. That's why you see people like Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen, and Jackson Brown in the video. They were friends who came to say goodbye and also performed on the album. Zevon was diagnosed with mesothelioma, given 6 months to live, and decided he'd spend what time he had left recording one last album. He lived about a year after the diagnosis - just long enough to see the last album get released. He also lived just long enough to see his twin grandsons come into the world (the pregnant woman in the video is his daughter). He was only 56.

On the outside looking in.
It's a nice little song off the first album put out by The Monkees, sung by Michael Nesmith.
One of my faves from that album, actually.

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!
In response to Guapo - a voice is an instrument....so you know, rap has instruments.
Apparently "we're" the musically narrow minded ones

For the record, like most genres, there's plenty of good rap/hip-hop and plenty of bad rap/hip-hop. Everyone raves about Eminem these days, but Public Enemy are the guys.

Reviews

Wow, I never thought I'll be defending rap, but Kno's Death is Silent is fuggin' dope, man!
Listened to it, hated it. Rap is the sound of a fat black man talking with a simple electronic rhythm under. There are some minor variations though.

If it is music or not is something that depends on the person's opinion but it certainly is not music in the traditional sense of a melody created by a sequence of notes.

Noise is also a genre of music so, dear sir, you failed!
Of course, anything is music. The sound of my typing in the keyboard right now is music.

Not to mention the 'music has instruments' argument, which is totally preposterous. Never heard of electronic music?
What's your definition of music? If standard electronic rhythms with the voice of a man talking over it can said to be music them music definition is:

"Music is any sound that some people like to listen to it."

Because apparently anything can be music. Even the sound of a bus engine can be said to be music if there are people that like to listen to it.

Also, my instrument argument was rather sarcastic.