Song Tournament Matches

Tools    

Let the night air cool you off
There were extra noms in the thread due to a miscalculation somewhere, so I just took the first 64 noms. Sorry to those who missed out.

I will do the song tournament a little differently than the movie tournaments. Nobody has an excuse to miss a song because they are on youtube, so this should be smoother. I will put matches up one at a time and the first to five votes moves on. This is easier on me, so that's how it will be done.

*Match-ups were determined at random*

First match -
Rammstein - Du Hast vs INXS - Need You Tonight

vs

Man you matched two of my noms against each other. This is hard!

I'm going with INXS "Need You Tonight"

BTW, you put the wrong url in the code. Which is why the vids aren't working. You don't want the "embed" url, just the regular one. Probably best just to copy and paste from the nomination thread.

Here's the video for "Du Hast"

Haven't heard either of these in awhile so just listened to both, and it's a tough choice, both are pretty good songs, guess I'll go with Du Hast. Also I like this tournament style

Okay, that was damn easy. Need You Tonight gets my vote. Love that song.

I can actually remember the night when Need You Tonight premiered on MTV in the '80s.

And when the lead singer died from autoerotic asphyxiation in the '90s.

I remember when he passed as well, one of the few celebrity deaths I was genuinely saddened by. He was so young and still so very, very beautiful. I don't think I remember the premiere of the video, but I do remember seeing it as a child and thinking he was really sexy even then. It's still super sexy to me now. Of course that thing on his arm in the beginning of the video doesn't hurt.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Yeah, he's pretty. He would have even been better with short hair, but I guess that was the style then. That was sad when he died. I think it was probably the first death I really took notice of.

There was something really special about the 80's in both movies and music. We listened to 80's music in the 90's and it seems as if that is still the case. I know of a lot of teenagers who listen to much of the 80's music where that doesn't seem true for any other decade.

I like him with long hair.

I do love Du Hast though. I'm not a fan of Rammstein or that type of music in general, but Till Lindemann has an awesome voice. It just doesn't quite beat the sex appeal of INXS, for me at least.

I never found Michael Hutchence sexy. I love the song, but not because of him. And that thing he wears on his wrist at the beginning of the video -- whatever it is -- and is that even his hand? -- I NEVER would have thought that was sexy. He's a pretty boy, but I'm not turned on by him. In fact, he seems like he would be gay (but he wasn't). I wasn't really saddened by his death, but it was a sad loss.

I felt like a straight guy just then -- talking to two women who find some guy sexy that I don't.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I've always liked short hair on men better. Just a personal preference, but it probably was a good thing I wasn't of dating age in the 80's.

I never found Michael Hutchence sexy. I love the song, but not because of him.
You're weird.

And that thing he wears on his wrist at the beginning of the video -- whatever it is -- and is that even his hand?
I was talking about the rat crawling on his arm.

No, INXS won, didn't it? It's the first five votes -- 2 for the other one, 3 for INXS.