Ufc

Tools    

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Other news:

Source: Sherdog

Now this is a fight that I am looking forward to. I cannot wait for James "Lights Out" Toney to lay out Couture.

I can already picture it: Couture looking serious, circling Toney, then tries to jump in for a double leg takedown. But Toney nicks the side of Randy's head and brutally finishes him. He will subsequently stand triumphant over the fallen MMA legend, shouting about how weak, pathetic and queer MMA really is. And I will love every second of it.

Boxing will - as fights between MMA-fighters and old, washed-up boxers have previously demonstrated - further establish its reputation as the superior combat sport.

And just to share Toney's opinion on what the UFC really means...

“They talkin’ about ground game? That don’t mean nothin’ to me dog. I ain’t going to allow none of them boys to lay on top of me like a lil ***. You know what UFC stands for, right? Ultimate ****ing Chumps. Ultimate Fighting Cocksuckers”
James Toney is going to sleep.

it won't be close.
[quote=Brodinski;628805]

hahahahahahahahaha

its an interesting fight.

Mir had some sucess in stand-up vs Big Nog (recovering from staph), but was thorougly decimated by Carwin.

Ground game leans heavy to Mir though. Cro-cop hasn't really made the adhustment to teh cage from the ring.

Mir by Sub, late 1st or 2nd round.

Definitely an interesting fight. Cro Cop had an epic win against Pat Barry. It was a hard fought fight and I thought it showed he could hang in there with the division's top fighters. It's been awhile since CC has faced someone like Mir, though. He got owned on the ground AND standing up by Gonzaga, but I don't think Mir has Gonzaga's aggression. Standing up, Cro Cop can work Mir because as good as Mir's stand up has gotten, he'll never be able to compete with a guy who used to be a regular at K1.

Not defending Mir's stand up either, but the only reason Carwin smashed him was because he foolishly got himself into a clinch situation with the bigger, much stronger man. I honestly think Mir overlooked the clinch and that itself cost him the fight. Not taking anything away from Carwin, but Mir chose the worst strategy.

Anyways, this fight depends on whether Mir can get CC down. If he gets CC down, then it could be a flash sub that ends Cop's night otherwise I foresee another high kick on CC's highlight reel.

epic gets tossed about wayyy 2 easy.

Crocop can thank his lucky stars Barry was in full on Fan boi man crush mode, and refused to ground and pound when cro-cop hit the floor.

Pat barry is hardly a tip HW, Mir will finish Mirko.

Oh check out the Cro Cop hater. Nah man, gotta disagree with you. Barry is a VERY dangerous Heavweight. Don't be fooled by his size, he has crisp striking and can end a fight on the feet with a min. For Cro Cop to hang in there and sub him like that was no easy feet. I know Barry doesn't have the ground game of a Big Nog or Mir, but he is somewhat young and hungry up and comer.

Your underrated Cro Cop's sub defence, too. CC got caught by a flash sub from Big Nog YEARS ago. Not saying Mir doesn't have a chance to take it to the ground, but I don't think it'll be easy for him. Mirko has a hell of a sprawl and KO power in both legs and his left straight.

People Need To Re-Read **** Twice on Here
although mir is my favourite heavy weight , in the fight with carwin im pretty sure he would've got knocked out anyway , he should've taken him to the ground asap... but he did'nt.. anyway

my prediction frank mir def cro cop via sub 1st round.
mir's stand up game isn't bad at all. but whenn he gets cro cop to the ground. its easily over.

"There's No F***ing Ice Cream In Your F***ing Future"

Cro Cop is old and looked his age in all his UFC fights. Mir should win this easily.

Furthermore, I think Bader is going to beat Lil Nog. This kid needs a big win and Lil nog fits the bill as he looked weakened in his last fight, which he lost imo.

All in all a very underwhelming card. An event that is headlined by 2 guys that can't hang with the top anymore is trash. UFC 120 is ***** as well, but at least I get to see Sexyama sex up Bisping some.

@ Dex: You were right, Toney got his ass handed to him by Couture. I basically just wanted Toney to knock out Randy, but knew it would be very difficult for a fat and washed-up Toney who just came to the UFC to collect a paycheck he was no longer offered by boxing promotors. I was a member of Sherdog because of its excellent boxing forum. At least, it was until it got flooded by MMA fanboys who had nothing to contribute but things like: BJ Penn vs Manny Pacquiao: would he make it? I got sick of it pretty soon, started trolling the heavyweights hard (saying how wrestling is for gays who like to exchange bodily fluids, ha) and got banned shortly after by some dick mod from the heavies. I just carried that sentiment over here and wrote some seemingly educated crap about how Toney was going to KO captain America, which of course didn't happen. And you being a realist jumped all over me which instigated me to troll some more . All in good fun though.

What did you guys think of Silva's hail mary win vs Sonnen? Did he look ***** because of his injury or is his age catching up with him?

I think the injury played a factor, but Sonnen's Style is the way to get to Silva.

Hard to believe Sonnen wasn't conscious of defending the Triangle though.

Thats how Forrest got him. dang near carbon copy.

Yeah, Sonnen's style is definitely the way to get Anderson. Hendo tried it like that as well, but also got caught in a sub. Also, Hendo was much less impressive than Sonnen. Chael didn't stop for one second in that fight. He wanted it bad, imposed his will and pretty much had his way with Silva for 4 and a half rounds. It's certainly the best Sonnen I've ever seen.

But the other fights on the card I didn't like so much. Dos Santos vs Jelly Belly was an embarassment. That fatso got used as a heavy bag for 3 rounds by a guy with novice boxing skills. JDS should've finished that undertrained countryboy in round 1. It was funny to see though how Nelson desperately tried to land that big right hand, and came pretty close to it for that matter. Alves looked like he came in to collect a paycheck and as usual, Fitch bored everyone with his grinding. Luckily Hughes did something cool to Almeida.

just been watching over some of cain velasquez fights, i think he can beat brock ime really looking forward to this event.

Winner: cain velasquez

i think penn will lose this
Disagree. A motivated and healthy BJ Penn can beat most LW and WW. I know Hughes beat him in their last fight, but Penn had a freak accident by the midway point of the fight and was basically a sitting duck. In this fight, he should be healthy and showed smoke through Hughes just like he did first time round. Penn, stylistically, is a bad match up for Hughes. He's nowhere near as big or strong, but he is faster, a FAR superior striker and has excellent takedown defence. If Hughes can't get him down, it will be a short night for him. And even if he can, Penn can use his BJJ to great defence and sweep him to an advantageous position.

Sonnen positive for steroid substance.

I guess Chael has just given himself cancer too...

I read that Belfort is going to fight Anderson in January and that the winner of Marquardt - Okami is next in line.

where did you read that brod?

my understanding was the winner of belfort okami got Anderson.

i would think Nate has the same opportunity belfort had.

Incidentally, i would taken Vitor over okami, and i like Nate in this matchup as well.