Lost (Possible Spoilers)

Tools    

Well I just finished watching the whole damn thing on DVD. I'm looking forward to the next season, this "Lost" show is pretty good. Jack's cool, Hurley's hilarious, Charlie's amusing and Claire is just everything I desire...

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
More of a Kate man myself!!!
Blib, Locke is all yours.

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Claire and Charlie are getting annoiying...all she does is cry for her baby and all he does is cry for her, they should go off together, leave us alone.

Micheal...never a fan of him, I disliked him from day one.

Walt, he's a kid and just like in the movies, kids are annoiying.

Kate, I like Kate, even though alot of fans hate her

Jack, at least I use to like Jack, ever since Season 2 opened, he's been anoiying.

Sawyer - Favourite Character, he kicks ass.

Locke - Another kick ass character, this guy knows his stuff.

Boone/Shannon - Both are useless, although one is not so bad on the eyes.

Sayid - He's alright I guess, seems like a know it all kind of guy...then again, he does know it all.

Hugo - Funny as hell, very likeable character.

Jin - I like Jin, he's calm collected and can kick as

Sun - Meh, I guess she's okay, hasn't done much on the island to get me to like her.

Anyone else I'm missing?

Suspect's Reviews

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
http://lost-forum.com/showthread.php?t=14883

Complete fan analysis of the hatch based on what has been shown.

And Star Trek fans get all the flak...

Lets put a smile on that block
Wow what a geek, Who would ever spend their time doing that? And trawling the web trying to find that stuff in the first place? Puuurlease!

...But ya know, I find THIS really interesting. Now what in the HOLY HELMET is that? I even had a look at the DVD box set to see if it was on there and it is. Is it a flying carpet? the black smoke? Or just some computer effects of the explosion?

DISCUSS.

By the by, I'm not a geek.

That's been around for a bit, and I think it means something, but EVERYONE that I talk to tell me it's debris...cause you see the black smoke thing all around the crash. The guy was also sucked into the engine, remember?

Before i saw that GIF image, i could have watched that scene over and over without noticing that thing...probably. but now whenever i see that scene all i can see is that flying thingy. It can't be debris as its in the air before the explosion, but Suspect you are right about the guy getting sucked into the engine, as that is what causes the explosion. Maybe its the black smoke making bad things happen! Like the numbers!?

I think Lost is starting to buckle under the expectations the producers were so quick to build. They're starting to resort to putting insane teasers at the end of episodes and then revealing in the next episode that the teasers were pointless. They're throwing all kinds of viral marketing on the internet. Have faith in the show, dammnit, don't whore out your fans.

It was a decent enough episode tonight, far better than the last two, but if they don't want viewers to get progressively more turned off, ABC needs to have its marketing department calm down.

That is really puzzling Blib....

Had a double session, is it the hatch thing that Locke and Boone have found? The second episode was a bore, i want the Island story to progress....

Oh my oh my. Just saw the latest episode.

!SPOILERS!

That was a cracker! This series hasnt really felt like Classic Lost yet. Weird time scales and rubbish flashbacks (Apart from Mr Locke of course) but this one was great, oh the mystery of the Island and The Dharma Initiative! So theother surivors ahve found another hatch to live in? It looked like the same entrance to the hatch we all know and love.

!WARNING! GEEK ALERT!

The wonderful producers at ABC are really using the internet to their advantage with Lost. Ive never seen this done before and i think its an excellant idea. By creating fictional sites for different elements of the show, but hiding hints, clues and spoilers in them is ingenius. Its a really good idea for promotion, especially for keeping the fans interested. Not only do we have the official Lost Website and the DriveShaft Website for Charlies band, but also the brilliantly creepy Oceanic-Airlines Website, However, we now have the launch of two new weird and wonderful sites raising more questions and causing Lost Geeks (such as myself ) to go Pee Pee in our pants.

The first is the Dharma Initiative Website, the site for the creepy company behind the origins of the Hatch! I think this may be the official one because if you click on the swan, it will show you in Quicktime the Orientation video again, very odd stuff. Also we have the Login button beneathe the swan. I don't think anyone has cracked the login details yet though which is a little frustrating.
ABC have also launched The Hanso Foundation site, the company mentioned in the Dharma Initiative orientation video. Interesting...

However there is another Dharma Initiative site Here, but i am not sure of its authenticity. The swan graphics look a little hand drawn, although the sites graphics are far more detailed, offering you what looks like a randomised number thingy when you click on either links. Now i thoguht they were just random scrolling numbers, but if you move your mouse over different sections of the Octogon whilst the numbers are flicking up and down, some turn green. Ive only ever managed to get two numbers green, i think theres gotta be some kind of code to making them all go green.

One last thing i thought is worth mentioning, the Octogon symbol for Dharma Initiative is exactly the same as the symbol used for Feng Shui, i thought this may help with getting into the site but im not sure. You can see the symbol Here

Check out these sites and see if you can dig up anyitng i havnt already mentioned.

I am such a geek

I think it's a fake site, the green numbers, are always two, never more.

Anyone notice that Hurley's boss was also.....LOCKE'S BOSS!!!!!!

hmmm

and if you remember in the orientation video it said that the hatch was #3 of 6....so maybe the other survivors found one of the other hatches, it looked pretty bare to me.

There were 23 survivors at the tail end, now just a handful...hmm, could be the sickness, or the others killed them.

PS-SAWYER ROCKS!!!!!

CLUCK YOU!!!!

Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect
Anyone notice that Hurley's boss was also.....LOCKE'S BOSS!!!!!!
I thought they looked similar, but I wasn't sure if they were exactly the same. Though that would make sense since Hurley owns the box factory that Locke works for, it'd be good vindication if he bought out the chicken place and then hired his old boss to work under him.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
OK, going out on a limb with another theory.
Although I haven't seen any of season 2, from what I've read, the island is some sort of experiment.
Locke was the first of the islanders to see the monster in series one, and suffer no ill effect, the monster is described as a security system for the island, plus towards the end of series one whilst he is being dragged down a hole by the mysterious black smoke he says to leave him as it won't hurt him.
So, IMO, Locke was involved in the military and was involved in the production of the security system for the island, therefore it recognises him and doesn't harm him. Locke knows his way around the island without the help of any maps, so IMO he has been on the island before, indeed when him and Boone found the pod in series one, Locke was determined to go on searching for something after Charlie's trail had gone cold, a coincidence? The pods were developed for scientific research,involving human health, perhaps Locke realised it was his only chance to walk again by going back to the island. As stated before, he always seems to know things about everyone of the survivors that nobody else does, did he have a say on who was sat where on the plane, or has he had prior research into them?
Why did he have a suitcase full of knives, and how did he get them past security? Why would a box salesman need a case full of knives? He seems well prepared for the island, and is pretty handy at constructing various contraptions out of bamboo.
I'm almost sure Locke has been on the island before, or has more knowledge about what is going on and why.
I like him as a character, and I think he will go on to be one of the most pivotal characters in the show.
Anyone else got any theories, or is it only me that lies awake pondering the trivial matters of Lost? ( Blib, back me up, I don't want to be the only sadcase on this forum!!! )

I gotta disagree with you on that theory. I don't think Locke had anything to do with the island before they crashed on to it. I think Locke is just built as a very intuitative character, though I do think they'll introduce something crazy into one of his flashbacks this season. He does have some juicy secret in his recent past that I think they're holding off on.

As for the knives, he had them because he was about to go on a Walkabout in Australia for a month....

I don't think Locke was on the ISLAND before either, remember he's a man of faith, the island gave him the ability to walk, so looking at that, he thought that the monster wouldn't hurt him. Jack being the man of science, thought that it would and threw the dynamite through the hole.

My theory....this contains spoilers for Season 2....

WARNING: "LOST" spoilers below
Okay, so from what we know, Desmond was in his race around the world, and crashed on the island. A man named Kelvin saw him and showed him the Hatch and told him to push the EXECUTE button after putting in the cursed numbers every 108 minutes, or something bad will happen. So, our castaways blow the hatch open and see Desmond inside, after some Q & A they discover that Kelvin died. (My question is desmond is lieing about this, or doesn't know that he is still alive, because where did he bury the body?)

Desmond shows them a film that will "explain" some things. What we get from that video are clips of many things...such as polar bears and some info that it's a research centre for specific things, such as climate control, telepathic abilities, and some magnestism stuf, I can't remember it all. BUT, the organization is called DHARMA, it's the symbol with the Swan in it, and we did see a similar symbol on the shark in the episode ADRIFT. The film also says that they are following the studies of B.F.Skinner, who after reseach, I have found that he did tests on repetition...how long someone will do something (ENTERING THE NUMBERS AND PUSHING THE BUTTON)

BUT we also learn that there are 5 other hatches, and that they hatch desmond is in is hatch #3. Could these hatches be on the same island, elsewhere, or on other island, I think the same island because the tailend survivors have found another hatch...with a different symbol.

The tailend, survivors had 23 people, now there is only a handful...hmmm, the others maybe?

So I believe that the DHARMA PROJECT did some tests and alot of stuff went wrong, the others I believe are the scientist of DHARMA who were left on the island after everyone scrapped the project (They are the people who kidnapped WALT). The magnetic thing...hmm, maybe it's broken or is controlled by the button on the computer, but could this of possibly pulled the plane down?

It is possible that DESMOND has missed a few times pushing the button, maybe the timer resets after you miss the button regardless, and if he was sleeping, he did not realise this, myabe it unleashes the security system.

Was the guy in the orientation film KOREAN????? HMMM, maybe Sun's father is involved.

I think that if they ever get off, that LOCKE will stay and continue his button pushing, cause in the outside world he cannot walk, here he can. Here people need him. I'm still not clear on what the sickness is, maybe an experiement gone wrong?

The OTHERS took alex, prediction....we will see her soon.

It's clear that all the passengers do have a connection, some are revealed, some are not.

Well, not so much as a theory, but a lot of random things put together. I don't think they are dead and in purgatory, it's not aliens, it's not time travel either...

thoughts?