Why are modern movies still good but modern pop music not?

Tools    

However movies box office revenues have not declined at least not like the collapse from 2000 to 2014 in music, declining by almost 70%.

Well, in Japan in the 1960's and early 1970's movie box office revenues also declined by an even greater magnitude (like 75%) due to the explosion of manga and TV. But in the US the movie industry never had such hard hit.

There are flashes of good music out there (good as defined by my taste anyway). Having grown up in the 70's, I can say that there seems to be a lot more music out there in comparison. I have to sift through lots more of what I don't like to find what I do like.

I think it's the same with movies. I'm sure some MoFo statistician will correct me but it seems like I can't keep up with modern releases.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Saying modern music in general is bad is not objective. What is modern? Something made in last few years? Or something that has that new vibe to it? Or both? Because Ice Cube, still makes music, is he modern then? Hell no. But then again, when I see what kind of idiots are getting famous ... Auto-tune, stupid lyrics, teen boys with more make-up then girls... I mean Justin Biber and stuff, its depressing and pathetic, but thanks to God, that ain't everything, every period in time had good and bad, every.

For me as rap fan, these times are not even close to what came before, but there are still gems out there.