Hurry run before they're all gone

Tools    

I found out today at work that MGM/United Artists is pulling all 19 James Bond DVD and VHS movies off the shelves beginning next week. Never Say Never Again will be pulled in May. Considering how jammed packed the DVDs are, I seriously doubt that there will be a re-release anytime in the next year. It's possible that they are pulling the titles now to whet our appetites for Bond 20. Either way, by May everything is gone.

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

Damn, I guess I had better take out a loan and buy those discs asap.

Got one.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
that's terrible, that's mean! i didn't realize studios would stoop so low as to steal movies away from us.

anyway, question - i don't have a DVD player now but plan on getting one. I have a BIG interest in older films and that cool DVD interface would make the interaction that much cooler.

So, will there be (or are there already) a whole lotta the films from 1930-1960, black and whites comedy/romances, musicals available on DVD yet/or will be? I haven't really looked into this but that's a major interest of mine and would contribute to my DVD player buying decision...

I'm looking for like, Astaire and Rogers films, Doris Day, Jerry Lewis, all them musicals, classics, Cyd Charisse, etc ...

thanks!

______

wah-tooowwww! I AM the hidden dragon in the crouching tiger!!

TH - There aren't any Fred and Ginger DVDs on the market yet. I've been pushing those for over a year now. I'm beginning to think every single one of their films will be released at the same time. I know a few have already been encoded, but the studio won't release them yet. A complete set would be sweet though.

There are a lot of classics on the market now and even more are on the way. The Roan Group has helped alot with that. The Roan Group is a company that takes old archived movies, restores them with additional footage, and releases them to DVD only.

Upcoming DVDs that I know of include all, or the rest of, Audrey Hepburn's films, Marilyn Monroe, John Wayne, Gary Copper, Cary Grant, Humphrey Bogart, Bela Logosi, and many others. There are already several Doris Day and Jerry Lewis flicks out there.

Studios are working overtime to remaster the old classics and get them DVD ASAP.