The Official Criterion Collection Reviews Tab

Tools    

Exterminate all rational thought.
Did you buy in store? I’m attempting to get my extra ten percent online, but it’s not allowing me to. Maybe I’ll just have to stop in tomorrow.
Yeah the member 10% is in store only. The member online deal is free shipping. I'm lucky to live in a large metro area (sort of, I miss the country!) and have access to 4 shops between work and home, so I can usually get what I am looking for. I'll look online to see what store has them in stock and then call to have them hold them for me to pick up.

Today I grabbed:

Judex
Tess
Il Sorpasso
King of the Hill
and The Great Beauty

And to the earlier post; Picnic and Investigation have been harder to find, not sure why, although after getting them, Picnic at Hanging Rock is an amazing Criterion. Possibly one of the best ever IMO, between the packaging, the extras and the fact that it comes with the whole fricking book! (Red River comes with a book too, but Westerns aren't for everyone)

I'm considering ordering, Eclipse Series 39: Early Fassbinder. I've only seen Beware of the Holy Whore- which I enjoyed- but I'm really intrigued by the rest. Can really see myself having a nice marathon with the five films, but on the other hand I've been pretty cheap with buying DVDs lately. Really excited for the Eraserhead release though, been holding off on buying since Criterion has been teasing with it forever now.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I'm thinking of getting Foreign Correspondent, Red River, and Ace in the hole. I really wanted The Last Picture Show criterion, but somehow barnesandnoble.com doesn't have it.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I almost bought that set, but instead I bought the three I mentioned previously. I haven't seen any of the three, so it will be fun. Hitchcock and Wilder are among my favorite directors already.

Ordered my first, and only, Criterion from the sale.

Dual - format edition, so it comes with the novel. Saw Joon-Ho Bong pick it out, and a lot of members here like it. Should be fun going through all the extras.

Btw, I did quiet enjoy Bong Joon Ho's visit to the criterion room, since he seemed in awe that he was finally there. One of m favorites.

Got my last two of this sale. I'm waiting for Eraserhead, and All That Jazz to get their releases, so hopefully get those in the next sale.

My last two Criterions from this sale:

OH MY STARS! Look at this:

Tootsie coming to Criterion DVD & Blu-ray on November 25, 2014

My movie's finally coming to Blu-ray and it's gonna be on Criterion!!!

Digging the new L'Avventura cover. It's different from the one I have.

Original:

New:

What do you guyz think of Playtime? I have it for 19$ on ebay should I buy it?

YES.yes.yes

EDIT: There's going to be a Tati box set, I'd wait for that instead
That Tati set looks awesome, I haven't seen any of his movies though. I have Mr. Hulot's Holiday ready to be watched though.