Movies that have let you down the most.

Tools    

Everyone knows what its like when you watch a movie you have been waiting a long time for, and when you finally see it you feel bumbed out because it didn't make it up to your expectations. I went through this with X-men origins, mainly because it didnt follow the comic books like I thought it would, and there have been many others, so if you want to put down a movie that let you down, or one that you think people shouldn't go see please respond back.

The Shining...

I don't know...I had just heard for a long time that it was really frightning, and I didn't find it all that scary.

alien vs. predator movies, especially the second which was too dark to see (seriously). Such great creations totally wasted.

I can't think of too many, as I'm pretty good at knowing what I'll like. However, these few got me.

Mimic
Lost In La Mancha
Ju-On: The Grudge
Full Metal Jacket
A Clockwork Orange
The Life Of Brian
Shrek 2
There's Something About Mary
The Incredibles

I can't think of anymore at the moment.

Anything with Drew Barrymore in it other than E.T.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

The Fifth Element. I had looked forward to seeing it for some time, and when I finally did see it a few months ago, I ended up not liking it at all. I wouldn't consider it to be my biggest movie-related disappointment ever, I don't think, but it's the biggest disappointment that comes to mind at the moment.

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

Welcome to the human race...
Six of the "best"...

E.T.
Knocked Up
The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy
The Fly
Over the Edge
Two Hands

I am burdened with glorious purpose
The one flick that will forever be considered a let down for me is...

The Phantom Menace.
You and the rest of the world.

I remember being really excited about Van Helsing. Hugh Jackman all dressed up in a cool outfit, literary monsters; boy, I was really excited. I still have no idea why that film bored me out of my mind in the theatre. I even wanted to leave. My son loves it and watches it at the house, and I'll join him and I still can't figure out what is wrong with that movie.

So many good movies, so little time.
The Godfather 3 : Part III

I was so excited and so disappointed.

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

You want to post like me?
American Psycho - Link to review.
The Insider - Russel Crowe, Al Pacino = great movie I figured. But it was so boring and long... And about the cigarette industry.
The Invisible Man - I thought I could accept this movie even though it's older than my mother, but the acting, beside the voice acting from Rains, was simple, boring, sketchy and not in sync with the sound (which I know is common with old movies but it still bugs me tremendously). I felt like this movie was a hit due to the special effects, which I can see would be impressive in the 50's, but they just isn't anymore.
Cop Land: Again I was misled by the actors: Stallone, DeNiro, Liotta... Didn't find it entertaining at all.
The Incredible Hulk: Now, I'm all about the Norton, but this wasn't even remotely up there with TDK and Iron Man, even though it stars an equally, if not more talented actor than Bale and Downey.
The Passion of the Christ: "I read the f*cking book..." - Kevin Smith.

On the contrary:
I watched Twillight yesterday and I expected to be disappointed, but ended up liking it. Rumor has it that this is one of the big chick flicks and I expected to see some emo, outcast high school chick desperately trying to find love, but feels so misunderstood that noone really gets her. But, after having watched it, I thought Twillight was quite the stereotype-killer.
Chick moves to a new town and joins a new school - the movie doesn't make her the outcast, which nobody wants to talk to.
Vampire declares his love to new chick - the movie doesn't make it emotional and romantic in the typical way but somehow manages to make the vampires brutal urges a sign of affection.
The vampire stereotype itself - What vampire stereotype? Sure they are peaceful vampires who only drink animal blood, doesn't sleep etc, but otherwise they wouldn't really be vampires. Other than that the movie puts a human spin on the vampire stereotype and the scene where the chick meets the vampire parents was funny, enjoyable and original to my knowledge.

Gosford Park was a pretty big letdown for me. It was very overrated, imho.

I remember going to see Hannibal opening weekend, after waiting a freakin' decade for a sequel to Silence of the Lambs. All I could think was.......THIS is what we waited for? Ugh.

The aforementioned Phantom Menace is of course a classic example also.