It's Friday: What Are You Doing This Weekend?

Tools    

doing a mini rally in pennsylvania amish country (covered bridges) then meeting a friend for dinner, then going to the poconos to visit with the many waterfalls in the area....

Nothing much.

Yet. Something will probably turn up.

The People's Republic of Clogher
I was going to the beach, but it's turned cold.

It'll be back to cultivating the perfect hangover, changing the bathroom taps and doing some more prep for the new term.

I also need to buy some new cushions. Rock 'n' Roll!

oops I forgot about the laundry.

It wasn't a good idea to buy a washing machine with an extra large drum - it's too tempting to buy an extra large laundry basket to compliment it...

Neutral Milk Hotel
A local Carnival is going on so i might ride my bike up to it later tonight.
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Tacitus
oops I forgot about the laundry.

It wasn't a good idea to buy a washing machine with an extra large drum - it's too tempting to buy an extra large laundry basket to compliment it...
Isn't that the whole idea? You get to excuse it as "economy", too.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico
A local Carnival is going on so i might ride my bike up to it later tonight.
Ah yes, I remember those. A group of con-artists put up a bunch of rides in order to lure children to the carnival so they can con them out of their money. Weird, I haven't seen one of those in a decade or so...thought they were a thing of the past.... I might even have one of those bad Motley Crue mirrors I "won" at one of those things back in the early 80s...Ah, the memories, I think I went on my first date to one of those carnivals...I was about 14 years old. My how times have changed since then...

I shall be throwing some flesh on the BBQ this weekend, and perhaps taking in a few films. Then, I will attempt to do some storyboards with the chap who is doing all the art direction for my short film...

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Originally Posted by Sedai
Ah yes, I remember those. A group of con-artists put up a bunch of rides in order to lure children to the carnival so they can con them out of their money. Weird, I haven't seen one of those in a decade or so...thought they were a thing of the past.... I might even have one of those bad Motley Crue mirrors I "won" at one of those things back in the early 80s...Ah, the memories, I think I went on my first date to one of those carnivals...I was about 14 years old. My how times have changed since then...

Me...I don't know. Tonight I'm supposed to go see a movie. Tomorrow morning I have work, but am going bowling at night. Sunday is work and sit back and relax and watch the cubbies~!
We're soldiers. Soldiers don't go to hell. It's war. Soldiers, they kill other soldiers. We're in a situation where everybody involved knows the stakes. And if you're gonna accept those stakes... You gotta do certain things. It's business, we're soldiers. We follow codes... Orders.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Sedai
I remember them, too. I used to love 'em!

I shall be throwing some flesh on the BBQ this weekend, and perhaps taking in a few films. Then, I will attempt to do some storyboards with the chap who is doing all the art direction for my short film...
Do you draw, too?

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah

Do you draw, too?
Not really, hence the sketch artist friend I am getting together with. I may do some rudimentary sketches that he would then re-do, but I don't have much talent for sketch, it seems. These are the tasks I will be attempting to tackle with this project:

Screenplay - I have completed this for the most part, still tweaking it though.

Score - I will compose and perform the score, as I do play a few instruments and write music all the time.

Directing:
I will direct the film.

As for the other tasks, I will be taking active parts in putting together the compositions and scouting locations, but will leave all the camerawok up to my DP, who has years of experience. I will have input on the boards, but will have the artist complete the final storyboards. I don't wish to play any parts in the film, but may have to. Another friend of mine will be handling the editing along with the DP, who has editing experience as well. I am clueless as far as editing goes, and have nothing to edit the stuff with, anyway. Hopefully we all have some fun, and I hope things go relativel smoothly during the production phase (still a ways away..).

susan, that trip sounds gorgeous. Are you taking a camera?
yes i will be taking lots of pics...and i'll post as many as i can the only downside to this is that we have to leave here at 6 to get there by 10

Isn't that the whole idea? You get to excuse it as "economy", too.
Paddy logic, I'm afraid.

Big basket = loads of ironing in one go instead of some ironing more often.

And I'm as efficient at ironing as I'd probably be with childbirth...

Oh darn, is it Friday already? Well, Saturday now. Tsk, this full-time work thing has disorientated my daily routines. Weekends schmeekends, they don't mean anything to me anymore. Though more on the topic, friend's 20th party tmw and FREE HOUSE for 2 weeks, party, party, party (you're all invited btw- just don't expect me to give out my address lol).

I'm going to the Liberty Science Center on Saturday.

Friday night I went to a retirement party it was really good.

Saturday night, a friend is taking me out to tea for my Birthday, which i am extending way into next week.

Sunday we are having people over for Lunch

Well, the second half of Friday tends to get lumped into whatever plans I have, and last night was no exception. Whole lot of driving 'round. Went to the Waterfront so my friend Shayla could pick up her paycheck, then out to this ice cream place, then dropped a couple of her friends off at home, then to the South Side (which was teeming with people). So we decided to go to back to the Waterfront, to Eat 'n Park, which was pretty busy, so we walked across the parking lot to Uno's and got some pizza instead. Not terribly efficient, but hey, that's what happens when you wing it.

Today I'm going bowling, then wrapping up a few projects and maybe swinging by Jaime's to pick up some popsicles (don't ask). The rest, I'll figure out as I go.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Tonight: Going to try and inevitably fail to get my friend Ashley to hang out with me this afternoon (she's very anti-social), so I'll call up my buddy Eric instead and we'll hit Guitar Center, Taco Bell, and Newbury Comics, then head back to my place to watch Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas cause he's never seen that..and this will just not stand! Best Johnny Depp movie.

Sunday: Church in the morning if I remember to get up early enough, then working 3 to 11...

Weekends are boring in Monkey Country.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I have and will continue to spend my weekend playing the first half of 'Money' by Pink Floyd just to hear how it sounds on my brand-new amplifier, and dream longingly about orange drumsets with foot pedals to work them like the one-armed drummer from Def Leppard has so that I can play bass and drums at the same time.

Man, that would be sweet.