Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian

Tools    

Fox has debuted the teaser trailer for Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian, the highly anticipated sequel hitting theaters this summer.
I liked the first one, for it was very entertaining and had lots of laughs. But this one looks much better than the the previous film.

Official Synopses:

It's a new "Night" and "Museum" for Ben Stiller, who is joined by several other stars from the original film, as well as new characters from history -- including Amy Adams as famed aviatrix Amelia Earhart, Hank Azaria as villainous Egyptian pharaoh Ka Mun Rah, Christopher Guest as Russian tyrant Ivan the Terrible and Alain Chabat as Napoleon. Owen Wilson is back as cowboy Jedediah, and Robin Williams again rides into history as Teddy Roosevelt. The centerpiece of the film will be bringing to life the Smithsonian Institution, which houses the world’s largest museum complex with more than 136 million items in its collections. No major film has ever shot inside the Smithsonian in Washington…until NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM: BATTLE OF THE SMITHSONIAN. Shawn Levy, who helmed the first film, is directing.

Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian will be in theaters on May 22nd, 2009

I will be watching this with my nephews boys

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I liked the first one but I think having Jonah Hill and Bill Hader in it will make it lose it's appeal. It comes off, at least to me, as an attempt from Ben Stiller to stay in with the funny gang.

Suspect's Reviews

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I thought the first film was awesome and a sequel IMO will be great aslong as they dont bastardise it.

the first one was fun to watch and i think this is going to be a very fun movie to watch too.

Despite the fact that this has Ben Stiller in it (not a big fan of his work), I am quite eager in seeing this film. I enjoyed the first film and the trailer made me break out laughing (especially the abe lincoln scene).

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?

Purple Princess
I will deffinitely be seeing this movie. I really enjoyed the first one, not the biggest fan of Stiller but I believe he played the role well and I like the wider variety of casting done on this movie also.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im ooking forward to this movie still, and I just saw another trailer on the tv that reminded me about this movie and I had a chuckle at Darth Vader as he is in the musesm now also

i wonder if James Earl Jones will voice Darth Vader in the museum

THAT WOULD BE SOOO FREAKIN COOL

The first one was really funny and the whole idea of the movies is really clever, IMO. The trailer for the second one is really funny and it looks very interesting! It's always interesting to me to see what parts of history they are going to use. I just hope it's not one of those movies where they put all of the funny scenes in the trailer!

Either way...I can't wait to see it!

I am burdened with glorious purpose
I caught this tonight and at one point in the movie, I thought how stupid it all was and not exactly very funny, and then...

Suddenly I found myself laughing hysterically -- not just chuckling but laughing hard. It literally only seemed like 5 minutes later when the film had corrected itself. The scene was between Stiller and Hank Azaria (spelling?)

Azaria steals this movie, imo. My son was even recreating the scene outside the theatre and I started laughing again. Owen Wilson is also wonderful in every single scene he's in.

The premise here in the sequel was really shaky and there wasn't any real conflict to speak of, unlike the first film when Stiller's character had something to prove. The plot was very poorly developed but I still found myself laughing at different points and smiling during a sweet moment between Amy Adams and Stiller.

I guess my enjoyment of the sequel only proved that the fun in these movies has to do with all the historical characters and historical references and not the plot. Seeing the Smithsonian was also fun.

So back to Azaria, I never knew he could be so funny....

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
You've never watched "The Simpsons"? He voices several characters, but the most-obvious are probably Moe the Bartender, Apu and Chief of Police Wiggum.