Pan's Labyrinth
Amores Perros
Yu Tu Mama Tambien
Raising Victor Vargas
Open Your Eyes
Intacto
Real Woman Have Curves
Frida

The Motorcycle Diaries (2004, Walter Salles)

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Great list and one of my favorite genres. I would also add All About My Mother, Strawberry and Chocolate, and Bad Education. I actually like All About My Mother better than Volver, but Pedro Almodovar has yet to disapoint me.

moto diaries
pans labrynth

these are the only ones i've ever seen!

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Open Your Eyes
Pan's Labyrinth
Bad Education
The Devil's Backbone
All About My Mother

(So basically Almodavar and Del Toro...not very imaginative, I'm afraid!)

Talk to Her is the only Almodovar film that I've seen but it's incredible. I need to see more.

One director who I think is a little weirder and harder to grasp, but I'm very interested in seeing more of is Julio Medem. Sex & Lucia and Vacas are both extremely original and unique films, maybe not for everyone, but that anyone who truly loves film should try out.

The great American director John Sayles has done a couple of films using Spanish actors. Men With Guns is almost entirely in Spanish and is a masterpiece. Just a notch below his 'Limbo' IMO but a really intelligently-crafted drama and one of his best, most complex allegorical stories (and manages to be funny, sardonic and uplifting all in equal proportions too).

I am half agony, half hope.
Like Water for Chocolate
Y Tu Mama Tambien
The Crime of Padre Amaro

Johann von Goethe

No doubt...The Motorcycle Diaries

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Those are certainly great choices. I'd add three unmentioned ones:

Macario (Roberto Gavaldón, 1960)

A visually-impressive Mexican fantasy, adapted from a B. Traven story, which is a cross between The Pearl, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre and A Christmas Carol.

Belle epoque (Fernando Trueba, 1992)

This Academy-Award-winning film tells a funny, colorful, and very sexy story, set shortly before the Spanish Civil War, about four sisters who all try to seduce an army deserter. Three of the actresses playing the sisters went on to become pretty famous (Penélope Cruz, Ariadna Gil, and Maribel Verdú - some of their films are mentioned above).

The Exterminating Angel (Luis Buñuel, 1962)

One of Buñuel's final Mexican films deals with the themes of class and the Church, which are really his two faves. A high-class group meets for a dinner party. At first no one wants to leave. Then, by their own stubbornness, no one will leave. Eventually, it gets to the point that nobody can leave. Is there a reason? Well, yes, but don't ask me because it's a surrealistic nightmare comedy, presented in the Master's deadpan manner.

Open Your Eyes
Maria Full Of Grace

But I think the best is Volver... a true classic in my opinion.