What was the last movie you saw at the theaters?

Tools    

well i haven't been here in a long time but i just wanted to let you know about two movies that i saw over the long thanksgiving weekend...
Hi Suzi Q Nice to see you

The last three movies I saw at the flicks...

American Gangster
Nothing new for the genre here, as pretty much all of it has been done before. The cast carried the film for me. Crowe and Washingston were well-suited for the leads, and support from Josh Brolin and Carla Gugino was especially good. The most exciting part of the picture was the eventual drug-bust which had my eyes locked throughout.

Beowulf

Today is a tremendous time for computer animation, 'cause this one just had me awing at almost every single visual (even to the point were I was thinking Anthony Hopkins' make-up looked good). It was just an entertaining thrill, nothing more really. Would have been a great experience in 3D, I'm sure. But the film itself isn't worth the extra money for a second screening, so I guess the experience won't be happening.

Planet Terror
Way better than Death Proof in many ways. They aimed for the same thing but ending up being completely different. Rodriguez is all about making a good, entertaining movie, while Tarantino's all about these crazy characters and how many film references he can fit in. He needs to move on. But Robert did a great job here, and Planet Terror is a film that'll be getting countless repeat viewings from myself.

Put me in your pocket...
well i haven't been here in a long time but i just wanted to let you know about two movies that i saw over the long thanksgiving weekend..

we saw enchanted on thanksgiving morning...disney spoofing disney is always great in my book...first half fun, second half predictable, but go with it...james marsden hams it up as prince edward and amy adams has a great voice...three standout scenes include central park, let's clean up the apt and the king's & queen's ball...
Welcome back Susan. It's really great to see you back and posting again.

My daughter and I saw Enchanted also. T'is great fun for every age. I love the scenes you pointed out Susan. Central Park and the 'Show her you love her' song was so cute...and the cleaning the apt was fun (loved the cockroaches). I also loved when Giselle (Amy Adams) experiences anger for the first time. She's adorable! I only wish Susan Sarandon was in live action a bit more. All in all, it's a very cute family flick.

There are those who call me...Tim.
Beowulf: CGI and 3D effects aside, I wasn't very impressed with this. There were some fun action sequences and a few laughs, but in between it was tedious. And the 3D glasses hurt my nose

Planet Terror: Loads of ridiculous, over-the-top, deliberately cliched fun. I loved Michael Biehn as Sheriff Hague, and Jeff Fahey as his brother J.T.

Planet Terror: Loads of ridiculous, over-the-top, deliberately cliched fun. I loved Michael Biehn as Sheriff Hague, and Jeff Fahey as his brother J.T.
Yeah, perhaps the thing I loved most about Planet Terror was the stellar cast. Just like Sin City, they were all near-perfect choices for their roles (Fahey being one of my highlights too). Josh Brolin's sadistic doc was my favourite though, and Rose McGowan looking incredibly sexy (and I do mean sexy) didn't hurt her impressive performance at all...

August Rush

Resident Evil:Extinction.. wondering when will be the next..

The Life of Reilly (2007 - Frank Anderson & Barry Poltermann)

As in Charles Nelson Reilly. Those born after 1980 may have little to no recognition of that name or the tall, over-the-top comedic actor it belongs to, but for a couple of decades in the '60s and '70s Charles was a fixture on American television. Much of it came from over a hundred appearances on Johnny Carson's "Tonight Show" and the time capsuled Game Show "Match Game", usually adorned in pastel-colored leisure suits and ascot, sometimes in a yacht cap, oversized square-framed glasses and ubiquitously smoking a pipe. But he was a serious trained actor of the stage, and while his legacy is not full of Oscars and Emmys, he surely made millions laugh over the years. Life of Reilly is mostly a filmed record of the autobiographical one-man show he traveled with in the late 1990s, "Save it for the Stage", and it's great that it was captured for posterity's sake.

Charles tells of his troubled childhood, his yearning for the theatrical arts, and the building of a career against the odds. As the promotional material for this documentary asks, "If, in 1940, you had a lobotomized aunt, an institutionalized father, a racist mother, and were the only gay kid on the block, what do you think the odds would be that you'd end up a Tony winner, a staple of television, and a generational icon?" And that's the journey he verbally leads us on. He's a good storyteller, and though there are a couple historic events to be chronicled (for example, as a boy he was in the tent the afternoon of the infamous 1944 Barnum & Bailey fire in Hartford, Connecticut that killed hundreds of people and his father had a job offer from Walt Disney that almost changed the course of their lives) and plenty of famous names to be dropped (Burt Reynolds, Hal Holbrook, Geraldine Chaplin, Jack Lemmon and Steve McQueen, among them), he isn't concerned with Hollywood Babylon or the dirty laundry of others. This is his story, and it is engaging and resounding one.

He hits all of his career highs and lows, from his acting classes with Uta Hagen absolutely full of stars to be to Broadway success in Bye Bye, Birdie and Hello, Dolly! to television success on "The Ghost & Mrs. Muir" and the talk shows and game shows to becoming a director and acting teacher himself. But it is the stories of his twisted family and how it shaped and continued to effect him that are most resonant, and even the most dire circumstances and events are told in his comedic, witty voice, self-deprecating demeanor and supreme confidence. He does mention his homosexuality, which like another stage and TV icon of the day, Paul Lynde, was a kind of unspoken open secret, but it isn't really about that. It's about how an emotionally abused child can thrive with just the right amount of outside encouragement, luck, dogged determination and an uncanny self-confidence despite some of the strikes against him.

Charles Nelson Reilly died earlier this year at the age of seventy-six, and this documentary is a perfect tribute to a showbiz survivor who's silly public demeanor covered and triumphed over the darker demons that could have easily overtaken him.

GRADE: B+
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Beowulf in 3d in Antwerp
After seeing Beowulf & Grendel (2005) and being disappointed by such a poor movie, i was hoping Beowuld could chear me up. But alas, i was disappointed from the start. The 3D didnt work its magic, it was working the other way. 3d forces your eyes to focus on a certain point, if you want it or not, because the other is blurry. After 10 minutes my eyes hurted.
The story didnt do good either. Angelina Jolie was a total mistake, why does she continue with those accents? In alexander it was kinda funny, but now it really annoyed me. Is it supposed to turn guys on, i didnt really get off or something, i just wondered whether she did or not. Why was she casted anyway, and why does it seems like all she can do is talk in orgasms and show her boobs? It does not make me respect her if that is what she wants. Her role should have been small, but what do they do? They turn her, as always, as one big sexsymbol for the entire film. She was supposed to be a trole if i read Beowulf correct.
Also, is this Beowulf? What did they do to the original story? The story is famous, so why do they always have to edit it? Why God, it is perfect as it is, but somehow angie has to show the shape of her boobs and a guy has to fight naked to show off his fake abs. If i wanted to see abs, i'd watch the tv-ads for the sauna belt, or whatever.

Why is it that every time i expect a perfect historical movie, they mess it up?

My brother by the way, was thrilled. I was just glad this was our family trip and my parents had payed.

And do check my "art": Deviant

Enchanted..i watched it with my family..love it!

Fred Claus, David Dobkin, 2007

I went to see this because of Vince Vaugh and the fantastc supporting cast (Paul Giamatti, Racheal Weisz, Kathy Bates and Kevin Spacey). And I seriously thought Dobkin (Wedding Crashers) would do a much better job than he did. Another example of how such great actors are so underused. It was all over the place. The only thing that was good was Vince Vaughn, who basically played himself. Such a shame.

Oh well, we'll always have the brilliant Elf.

The Mist! = INCREDIBLE one of the best screen plays i've ever witnessed it will blow your mind!

I am half agony, half hope.
I took myself to lunch and the movies today and saw No Country For Old Men and The Golden Compass.

Up next: Noelle

Johann von Goethe

I saw The Mist on Turkey Day with most of the family. It was a great experience and I was amazed at how the pace of the flick
was not rushed. It played itself out, just like the book. I loved it as did the family, a wonderful Popcorn film if there ever was one.

Last thing I saw was American Gangster. I was going to see The Golden Compass this weekend, but I'm going to wait; I've still got I am Legend, National Treasure 2 and AVP 2 this month. Guess I'll hold out for the DVD.

The Golden Compass