Has anyone watched "The Young Pope" (Jude Law) ?

Tools    

I'm 3 eps of 10 into the Sky/HBO/Canal+ international series, and I'm not sure what I think of it. It's a highly unusual story about a fictional first American Pope.

There's an eclectic cast starring Jude Law (Pope Pius XIII), Diane Keaton (Sister Mary), and Silvio Orlando (Cardinal Voiello), along with a first rate supporting cast, e.g. James Cromwell.

It's difficult to tell from the writing where this tale is going. The dialogue is fresh, and the Pope's state of mind and his intentions are highly unusual and baffling.

I can't get over how the modern Jude Law looks so very much like the '40s actor, Robert Montgomery! ~Doc

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
I'm 3 eps of 10 into the Sky/HBO/Canal+ international series, and I'm not sure what I think of it. It's a highly unusual story about a fictional first American Pope.

There's an eclectic cast starring Jude Law (Pope Pius XIII), Diane Keaton (Sister Mary), and Silvio Orlando (Cardinal Voiello), along with a first rate supporting cast, e.g. James Cromwell.

It's difficult to tell from the writing where this tale is going. The dialogue is fresh, and the Pope's state of mind and his intentions are highly unusual and baffling.

I can't get over how the modern Jude Law looks so very much like the '40s actor, Robert Montgomery! ~Doc

American Pope? Like the "pope" Michael guy, self appointed ambassador for Christ?

American Pope? Like the "pope" Michael guy, self appointed ambassador for Christ?
Forgot to say this was a 2016 series. It's a fictionalized drama where an American cardinal becomes Pope and inhabits the Vatican. Good acting and unusual story lines. Diane Keaton does a great job playing against type as an important nun, Sister Mary.