CURRENT MOVIE CLICHES

Tools    

Then there’s the trope of the actress who doesn’t want to do nudity (which is fine) & who keeps half of her clothes on during sex.
Bothers me more when the nude actor/actress who is supposedly alone in a room with someone that they've just been intimate with gets up but feels a need to cover their nakedness before even leaving the bed. Just ain't natural.

I’ve noticed with Red Riding set in the late seventies, early eighties & now with True Detective season 3 that there’s a ton of smoking cigarettes. Yes, everyone smoked back then, but I find the constant puffing & exhaling a tad irritating.

Or the people who leave suddenly in the middle of a meal & throw random notes on the table to pay, supposedly, for their share.
That one kills me. The ones that kill me the most is where the character had just ordered a plate of food, the plate arrives, he/she barely takes a bite of it and then gets up to leave, throws random notes to pay for their share and walks out leaving a mouth-watering plate of food behind. WTF?! Who wouldn't finish their meal first or box it and take it with them??
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Bothers me more when the nude actor/actress who is supposedly alone in a room with someone that they've just been intimate with gets up but feels a need to cover their nakedness before even leaving the bed. Just ain't natural.
Yeah, who does that? It's like, we just screwed and saw each other's naked bodies, but I'll keep a blanket on me when I get up to walk away for whatever reason because, suddenly, I have an incredible amount of shyness?? LOL

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
One that comes to mind, how in crime movies, the villain pleads insanity and the good guys are pissed cause apparently, being found insane and being locked in an insane asylum, is so much better than prison, that they feel that the villain is winning as a result.

Wouldn't it make more sense to just film the actresses from above the breast and up, so they don't have to throw a towel on or anything, and therefore it's more convincing? Why don't they just do that?

A system of cells interlinked
One that always kills me, and it seems to happen invariably, is that whenever someone needs to apply a bandage to a wound, they tear the bandage/shirt/cloth in half first.

One that always kills me, and it seems to happen invariably, is that whenever someone needs to apply a bandage to a wound, they tear the bandage/shirt/cloth in half first.
Oh, what is wrong with that exactly?

Oh, what is wrong with that exactly?
It just seems odd. Do you tear a band-aid in half before using it? Do you tear an ACE bandage in half before wrapping your ankle with it?

Seems like a film cliche used for dramatic effect.

Yeah I guess so, I don't recall seeing this in any movies, so not sure.

Yeah I guess so, I don't recall seeing this in any movies, so not sure.

Keep an eye out for it next time someone uses a bandage in a movie...Pretty soon, you start noticing that it happens every time there is a bandage scene.

Okay thanks . One cliche I don't like seeing in movies is when the villain points a gun at a hostages head, and tells the good guy to drop their gun and the good guys actually do it, knowing the villain can just kill them and the hostage and win then.

Yeah, that reminds me of scenes where a villain holds a gun on someone and orders the person into a car. Doing that puts the villain in control of the situation. If you are around people, you are better off trying to get away. Those scenes only make sense (a little) if you are someone like James Bond and hoping to meet the head villain.

Tearing a strip from a shirt does allow you to tie it tighter around a wound, reducing the bleeding, but if the bleeding is profuse, you probably should use more than a strip.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Mobile phones have presented a challenge to most writers.

So they drop the 'Battery finished' or 'No range' thing to counter it.
Seems like the "writing finished" too
I tried watching a movie from 2018 yesterday, and it was so bad I won't tell anyone what it was (in an effort NOT to advertise it)

The mobile phone thing is tough, cause now anyone can call 911 wherever they are nowadays. How are writers suppose to work around that, unfortunately...

But not every story works as a period piece film though, unless the time period is thematically relevant though. Otherwise some stories set in period pieces would seem weird. For example it would be weird like a show like 24 for example, to be set in the 80s in order to get rid of the cell phone problem.

Wouldn't it make more sense to just film the actresses from above the breast and up, so they don't have to throw a towel on or anything, and therefore it's more convincing? Why don't they just do that?
I guess then it wouldn’t be so titillating.

Monroe was amusing in The Misfits in her scene post-coitus with Gable. Director wanted to show her sitting up in bed with a sheet around her chest, but she kept exposing her breast to annoy him & ruin the shot, which wouldn’t pass the censor.

I guess then it wouldn’t be so titillating.
And a woman covering herself in a bedsheet is suppose to be titillating in comparison?

I didn’t explain my point properly. It’s titillating to a man when a woman is wrapped in a towel or sheet because either of these coverings can slip & fall off.