I'm going to be on telly

Tools    

I've been away from here for months - apologies for that, I've not fallen out of love with you all (or film), honest!

Been a busy time with finishing my first year of university and all the rest of it. Anyway, for the second half of my first year at the University of Liverpool, I managed to get in the team for the UK quiz show University Challenge. We finished recording at the end of April - I can't say how far we've got, so I guess you'll just have to find out for yourselves.

Liverpool's first-round match is on BBC Two (UK) on Monday 20th July at 20:00. Watch if you can!

Small teaser:

I'm Bennett, by the way!

Hope this is OK to post.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Are you a midget? You look tiny.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Master of My Domain
Wow that's awesome! Please tell me you advertised Movie Forums when they interviewed you.

Wow that's awesome! Please tell me you advertised Movie Forums when they interviewed you.
Haha. I would have liked to. When I'm a celebrity, I will!

Brilliant I'll watch and support you as I come from Liverpool. How did you get on with Paxo?
He was lovely. I know he has a reputation for being pretty arrogant and no-nonsense but he was perfectly pleasant to us. Even offered me a glass of wine when filming had ended!

The People's Republic of Clogher
As someone who went to uni in Liverpool (well, just outside it) I'll be watching.

The BBC seem to be giving a big push to 'Quizzy Mondays' right now. Jesus wept.

So I have to cheer on Liverpool? Ooooh, this is going to be very, very difficult for me. On the plus side, it'll be an experience finding answering the questions easier than supporting one of the teams.

The BBC seem to be giving a big push to 'Quizzy Mondays' right now. Jesus wept.
That's because, a) it's brilliant and, b) the second half of it features the all-encompassing loveliness of VCM.

Hey buddy, I'm very happy to see you make an appearance. This is pretty cool; maybe afterwards, you could provide some kind of link to the show for those of us who can't watch it otherwise?

The People's Republic of Clogher
That's because, a) it's brilliant and, b) the second half of it features the all-encompassing loveliness of VCM.
It's brilliant in that it's got two great quizzes in it or that you genuinely think Quizzy Mondays is a title that is a) not sh*te or b) not total sh*te?

Vicky Coren may be the new goddess of reasonably highbrow telly but I still see her as Alan Coren's precocious daughter.