Netflix buys Roald Dahl estate

Tools    

Dahl is quite celebrated in the city I live in Wales having been born and raised here, but even I'm not prepared for what Netflix is about to unleash!! Good for the kids perhaps.

Good for the kids perhaps.
Or the 'little Dahlings' as we like to call them

(Sorry, couldnae resist)

Dahl is quite celebrated in the city I live in Wales having been born and raised here, but even I'm not prepared for what Netflix is about to unleash!! Good for the kids perhaps.
Born to Norwegian parents & unhappily educated in England.

Taiki Waititi took my dream of making two Wonka shows (one about Charlie and Wonka and one about the Oompa Loompas). I even had a language partially written! Oh well, maybe I can reboot them twenty years later...

I would love to see some of Dahl's horror stories filmed.
Irony is for most of his life Dahl was best known as a horror and suspense writer and "CHarlie and the Chocolate Factory" was a drastic change of pace for him.
Interesting factoid: At the same time he was Writing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Dahl was working on the screenplay for the James Bond Movie "You Only Live Twice".
BTW the "Chopping off your finger" bet that climaxes the Quentin Tarantino film "Four Rooms" is taken directly from a Dahl short story that was adapted for "The Alfrec Hitchocock Hour".