‘It’s just a movie?’

Tools    

Definitely. And it can be super subtle. Sometimes it's fun to go back and try to unpack what it was that broke the immersion and made me start caring/nitpicking about realism all of a sudden.
For me I often just get to a point where I'm like "This is dumb!!". It's the same as the feeling when I lose patience with someone's behavior. Like, "You have used up all of my goodwill and all of the benefit of the doubt!"

I also think it is true that some people come into a film not wanting to give it much benefit of the doubt and will immediately seize on an excuse not to like it. With the right mindset, you could sort of rip any film to shreds.

Agreed. Though I am often aware that it is happening. Once a film loses me (for whatever reason), I start to notice and care more about the improbabilities or more minor incongruities. It creates kind of a snowball effect. I think that it is partly because sloppiness in one area of the film (like clunky writing) makes it feel more likely that small errors are just more evidence of a lack of care.

It's kind of like when someone is a real jerk, and you become more sensitive to the things they do that might not bother you if someone else did them.
It sounds like you agree with the point I made back on the Corrie that plot holes don't actually ruin films on their own, but are focused on when people aren't enjoying the movie for other fundamental reasons after all, Takoma...

; )

It sounds like you agree with the point I made back on the Corrie that plot holes don't actually ruin films on their own, but are focused on when people aren't enjoying the movie for other fundamental reasons after all, Takoma...

; )
ACTUALLY *rolls up sleeves*, in the case of that film, it was the contrivances/exposition/huh? things themselves that were what made me frustrated, particularly the one at the beginning. I didn't have many fundamental complaints about the other aspects of the film (writing, acting, the way it was shot, etc).

I still hold that you cannot introduce, explicitly, a solution to the film's central problem and then not even give a single sentence of explanation as to why that solution hasn't been pursued. To me, that is beyond Oh, wow, two people living in New York just happened to bump into each other twice in the same week!!

Victim of The Night
For me I often just get to a point where I'm like "This is dumb!!". It's the same as the feeling when I lose patience with someone's behavior. Like, "You have used up all of my goodwill and all of the benefit of the doubt!"

I also think it is true that some people come into a film not wanting to give it much benefit of the doubt and will immediately seize on an excuse not to like it. With the right mindset, you could sort of rip any film to shreds.
Both true. I really feel the former. I am not the latter but I know people who are.

Are we forgetting 32 Short Films About Glenn Gould, has nobody seen it or is it not that good? I've always wanted to see it.
I've seen it. But it was so long ago that I can not remember a thing about it. I'm pretty sure I enjoyed it and you can't go wrong with the score.