Things that annoy you...

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Shipping delays.

Ordered some prescription pet food for the clinic's patients on Monday. Usually we get our orders next day as long as we call them in before 11:00 a.m.. Monday's order is still not here. I just called the company to see what's up and they said that there have been some delays due to weather and the holiday season and the order should arrive tomorrow.

I get that couriers are overloaded with packages right now, but this order is shipping from a warehouse in a town about 90 mins away. A typically one day shipment taking three days to arrive over such a short distance is ridiculous.
I know how you feel. We ordered a package that was supposed to arrive on Dec 10th, but it still hasn't arrived. I called UPS earlier today, and they told me that they're so backed up right now that we might get it on Monday.

Yeah. That's frustrating. I had a UPS pkg that was 2 hours away get rerouted to 3 different states with several delays. So odd. UPS has actually delayed 3 shipments in a week. Never happened so frequent for me. Granted none of my shipments are medical so it's not the same, still annoying tho.
USPS is just as bad sometimes. We shipped a package that was supposed to go from a town on Long Island (NY) to another town on Long Island (NY) about 20 minutes away. It went by way of Maryland, and took over a week to get there. We had another package that went from Long Island to Virginia by way of Hawaii. When USPS screws up, they're just as bad as UPS.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I hate incompetence and stupidity.

We ordered a package from Deep Discount last week, (through their website), and we told them to ship it to our P.O. Box address. There was no error message on screen, and nothing that stopped us from entering the P.O. Box address into the Ship To section. It allowed us to continue and pay for the order with no problems.

The next day, we got an email with the tracking number, and found out that they shipped it by UPS. (For those who don't know, UPS does NOT ship to P.O. Boxes.)

When we saw the message about the P.O. Box address on the UPS website tracking page, we called UPS to try to update the shipping, but they wouldn't let us. They said that only the shipper can update the shipping address.

So we called Deep Discount, and spoke to a supervisor. He said that we don't have to update the address because UPS will hand the package off to USPS and they will deliver it to the P.O. Box. (No, they won't.) After pointing the supervisor to the UPS website message, and a long argument, he finally agreed to update the shipping address.

Now the package is still sitting somewhere at UPS waiting to be updated and delivered.

USPS is just as bad sometimes.
Ugh, they really are. The 1st delivery of this is still MIA. It left one town in Connecticut & has never been seen again.

Amazon sent me another one & this safely arrived. Due to a breakdown in communication & Amazon not understanding me at all, I think I’ve gotten this for free though that was not my intention.

Employees asking to see my receipt as I'm leaving Walmart. The people at my regular Walmart that I go to on Mondays don't ask me anymore because they know I won't, but sometimes I stop at a different one while I am working. Today I went to one for a few things and there was actually about a 15 deep line waiting to show their receipt and walk out the door. I went through self checkout with a cart with bird food, cat litter, and a few things that fit in bags. I just pushed my cart right around the line and some customers looked at me like I was doing something wrong. These people are nuts.

Employees asking to see my receipt as I'm leaving Walmart. The people at my regular Walmart that I go to on Mondays don't ask me anymore because they know I won't, but sometimes I stop at a different one while I am working. Today I went to one for a few things and there was actually about a 15 deep line waiting to show their receipt and walk out the door. I went through self checkout with a cart with bird food, cat litter, and a few things that fit in bags. I just pushed my cart right around the line and some customers looked at me like I was doing something wrong. These people are nuts.
I don't really get this - if it's a store rule, then they should have a big sign about it going in and then it should be done uniformly to everyone as mandatory for leaving with any item.

Is it supposed to be mandatory for everyone or not?

Now, I used to be in security at a pharma plant and we were supposed to do random "bag" and trunk checks. (I found ways not to really do either unless I somehow had to.)
The idea of "random" was rationalized that it would keep everyone from stealing (no one would ever know if this was the day their bag or car would be checked). Of course, this resulted in accusations by the employees of racial, ethnic, religious and class / job-level profiling (which is why I tried to avoid it in the first place).

I don't really get this - if it's a store rule, then they should have a big sign about it going in and then it should be done uniformly to everyone as mandatory for leaving with any item.

Is it supposed to be mandatory for everyone or not?

Now, I used to be in security at a pharma plant and we were supposed to do random "bag" and trunk checks. (I found ways not to really do either unless I somehow had to.)
The idea of "random" was rationalized that it would keep everyone from stealing (no one would ever know if this was the day their bag or car would be checked). Of course, this resulted in accusations by the employees of racial, ethnic, religious and class / job-level profiling (which is why I tried to avoid it in the first place).
At a private club like Costco or BJs you have to show your receipt because it's in the contract. Walmart is like any other regular store. It's not their policy, but they just try to get away with it. It's no more their right than it is going through your phone. They claim they do it for people who have items that are too big for bigs. I think that's just an excuse.

At a private club like Costco or BJs you have to show your receipt because it's in the contract. Walmart is like any other regular store. It's not their policy, but they just try to get away with it. It's no more their right than it is going through your phone. They claim they do it for people who have items that are too big for bigs. I think that's just an excuse.
Yeah, I was asking because I heard it was something like that... and if it's not done as a rule uniformly it can lead to accusations of profiling or actual profiling by the people doing the checks.

Yeah, I was asking because I heard it was something like that... and if it's not done as a rule uniformly it can lead to accusations of profiling or actual profiling by the people doing the checks.
I'm surprised it doesn't happen a lot, but then there's so many people who believe they're actually required to show their receipt.

The trailer for the BBC's new version of Dracula, in which the Count says "I'm undead, not unreasonable". It's like something out of Mel Brooks.

The trailer for the BBC's new version of Dracula, in which the Count says "I'm undead, not unreasonable". It's like something out of Mel Brooks.
I assume you already know this, but just in case: he literally did a Dracula send-up with Leslie Nielsen.

My hoarder-tendency family members.

I was informed this morning by a family member that the cucumber I bought a couple of weeks ago - and forgot about - had a spot of mold on it and that he'd cut the moldy part off and put it in a different bag. Um, I'm not going to risk food poisoning to avoid wasting a 48 cent cucumber.

I promptly threw it in the trash.

I assume you already know this, but just in case: he literally did a Dracula send-up with Leslie Nielsen.
I did – I've never seen it all the way through .

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Coworkers that constantly toss my lunch or snacks that I keep in the fridge. I usually keep like a stash of fruit in a draw that I've claimed for years (the drawer, not the fruit). One lady in particular always trashes stuff without asking. I totally understand getting old stuff out of the fridge, as a lot of people here place lunch leftovers in and promptly forget it, but dangit! There's all of like 11 people here. It's not that hard to send a group msg lol. Fruit is expensive!

Last Christmas we had a pot luck type lunch for everyone to bring something. I cooked a ham, sliced it, and brought it in a covered foil baking pan. 2 hours after, she tossed the left overs. Probably 3/4 of the ham just... just gone. I think I cried.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Coworkers that constantly toss my lunch or snacks that I keep in the fridge. I usually keep like a stash of fruit in a draw that I've claimed for years (the drawer, not the fruit). One lady in particular always trashes stuff without asking. I totally understand getting old stuff out of the fridge, as a lot of people here place lunch leftovers in and promptly forget it, but dangit! There's all of like 11 people here. It's not that hard to send a group msg lol. Fruit is expensive!

Last Christmas we had a pot luck type lunch for everyone to bring something. I cooked a ham, sliced it, and brought it in a covered foil baking pan. 2 hours after, she tossed the left overs. Probably 3/4 of the ham just... just gone. I think I cried.
I'd be having words. Strong ones. And if that failed I'd make a point of starting to bin anything she put in the fridge two hours after she put it there no matter whether she'd touched it or not. Goose, gander, sauce and all that.

(Still can't believe you work with a herd of cows)

That's pretty ridiculous. Sounds like it's just her own desire for order that's fueling it, too. Either that or, if we're being charitable, bad experiences with people leaving gross/rotted food, or smelly food, which is understandable but has made her overzealous in situations where it hasn't gotten to that point.

Coworkers that constantly toss my lunch or snacks that I keep in the fridge.
Not the same, but something on a par is a co-worker who scarfs other people’s food in the office fridge. Worked with a guy who literally would eat anything in the fridge. Labeled or not, this guy hoovered up everything in sight, but would never admit to it. Or stop doing it.

@ynwtf

Wow. That would seriously tick me off. I'm glad I don't have that to contend with at work. We have the opposite problem of old food that gets left in the fridge/cabinets for too long.

Though I do have a coworker who fairly frequently takes some of my snacks/drinks. I used to get mad about it, but now I just help myself to her stuff when I feel like it.

OK this doesn't 'annoy me', it &^% pisses me off! I just went to the post office and the parking lot was packed! Almost every parking stall was taken so I park in the back. When I'm done I drive through the front of the parking lot where all the cars are. There's a line of three cars in front of me waiting to pull onto the main road. As I'm setting there patiently, a big suv in a parking stall starts backing up right at me. I wait a couple of seconds thinking they will see me...but they keep backing up. So I beep my horn, a little beep that says 'hey I'm here'...does the suv stop? Nope. I beep the horn again and the suv keeps slowly backing towards the side of my car. So I lay on the horn for a longer duration and damn if the suv still doesn't freakin stop. So this time I lay on the horn and let it rip... Finally the suv does stop literally only a couple feet from the side of car...the rear window of the suv rolls down and a lady shrieks, "relax I have a rear view camera". Well how in the f*** am I suppose to know that?! And why should I trust that she can back within inches of my vehicle safely???...But most importantly she was in the wrong! I and the others cars were in the lane to leave the parking lot and she was in a parking stall, so she needed to yield to the moving cars. Of course 30 seconds later the line moves which then allowed her to safely back up. Impatient and stupid drivers abusing technology