Oregon people are freaking out????

Tools    

I don't think the pumps work until they are activated by the attendant. That's how they enforce prepay in us pump it yourself states.
Right. You couldn't pump any gas even if you wanted to do it yourself until the attendant comes over to either unlock or activate the pump. If you were in a hurry and wanted to speed things up by just taking the nozzle away from the machine and putting it in your tank, an attendant would tell you not to touch it (that's the law) and wait for them to do it.

They wouldn't be calling the cops unless you got abusive with them or tried to drive away without paying.

You can't win an argument just by being right!

They wouldn't be calling the cops unless you got abusive with them or tried to drive away without paying.
They probably have a helper, like those spiked speed traps. so you cant drive away.

They probably have a helper, like those spiked speed traps. so you cant drive away.
Not at the ones I go to. I could easily attempt to just put the car in drive and take off before handing the attendant the money. But 1. I wouldn't do that and 2. I'm pretty sure I'd be chased down by police shortly after. They may also have security cameras to get cars' plate numbers.

The reason most of the places I go have attendants speaking foreign languages is because I go where gas is cheapest, which is usually smaller stations or private mechanic's gas stations that aren't part of the big chains, but even if they're small and shabby looking, they could still have security cameras in place.

Just a couple months ago a gas station attendant got shot nearby.
http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.ss...n_shootin.html

Far out, poor man.

Just a couple months ago a gas station attendant got shot nearby.
http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.ss...n_shootin.html

Far out. Poor man. The main stations up the road (franchisees from BP etc) are locked between certain hours and drivers have to either pay at the pump by card or through the window if they want cigarettes, drinks etc. The little old fashioned one in my'burb closes from 7am to 7pm, so stuff like this doesnt happen in this sleepy neck of the woods; the owner has been broken into for cigarettes a few times but tht's about it. Out of towners just dont know the burb is here, so nothing ever happens (which is a good thing).

Oregon is the buttmonkey of the country right now. For many reasons.

"I've lived in this state all my life and I REFUSE to pump my own gas. I had to do it once in California while visiting my brother and almost died doing it. This a service only qualified people should perform. I will literally park at the pump and wait until someone pumps my gas. I can't even"
I don't even know how to drive a car and I pump gas.

Seriously. There's nothing magic about it.

Upper right photo...

Lifehack: check the fuel gauge - they're all different, but some will have a little "arrow" that tells you which side of the car the gas tank cap is on.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Upper right photo...

Lifehack: check the fuel gauge - they're all different, but some will have a little "arrow" that tells you which side of the car the gas tank cap is on.

Holy midget balls, BATMA...(superman?). My world has just inverted and the rain is falling backwards. I did NOT know that!!

Holy midget balls, BATMA...(superman?). My world has just inverted and the rain is falling backwards. I did NOT know that!!
LOL. They've been around for years.

LOL. They've been around for years.

Midget balls, you mean?
;P

Midget balls, you mean?
;P
Do midgets have big balls?

Midget balls, you mean?
;P
Do midgets have big balls?
Honestly, I don't know. Never made out with a midget. Well, not a male midget.

This is on most newer cars.
Some cars will have the words "fuel door" on the dashboard gas gauge with an arrow.

Unlike the image I posted, some gauges have the little gas pump icon, but with no arrow - and there's a rumor that whatever side the hose rests on the icon is the side that the tank lid for the car is on (but I've read that is not always true).

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Oregon passes a state law allowing self-service at rural gas pumps, which some residents fear is too 'hazardous' and may cause them to smell like gasoline

I went to junior high and high school in Roseburg, Oregon. The hazardous thing is bullcrap, it's about jobs, and in Southern Oregon, it's a good job.