MoFo Fantasy Football 2016 - Sign-Ups!

Tools    

Wow, it's here already! Another season of MoFo Fantasy Football is upon us.

What's all this then?

The members on this site play in a fantasy football league. This will be its ninth year, and it is, if I do say so myself, a great league. We play with 12-14 teams, and even though there's no money on the line we have a very high retention rate, and the league is almost exclusively populated by competitive, engaged owners. It probably helps that I buy the winner a trophy each year:

Can I play?

Perhaps! But please note: this is a Movie Forums league, which means heavy preference is given to longtime/returning owners and people who are active on the forums. We try to lean towards the latter criteria these days, both to make sure everyone's around and engaged, and to occasionally allow new people a chance to play. So if you've never played but you're pretty active on the site, you've still got a decent shot.

If you don't make the cut, I started a money league (it's modest: just $50) that's been going for a couple of years that will very likely have room, with a handful of the same owners anyway.

How do I sign up?

Just reply in this thread and say you'd like to play, and you'll be considered based on all the stuff I mentioned above. You may or may not get in, but there's no shame in asking.

A system of cells interlinked
IN

This year there wont be a PPR Jungle overflow league anymore. So its this league and the pay league only. Ive dropped out of the pay league, Freds league, and the MoFo league is the ONLY FFB league Ill be in this football season. Thats right, Ill only have one fantasy football team. Ive been to the final two times in a row and lost, to make a 3rd, and win, I will do any symbolic sacrifice

In honor of last year being Peyton Manning's last season, I decided to honor him with a vintage Peyton Manning impression: great during the regular season (10-3, tied with Fabulous for the best in the league), then one and done in the playoffs. This season I'm going to try to be like the old, broken down Peyton Manning who does just enough to bring home a title. I just need to make sure I draft a defense that will score me 100 points every week and carry me to a championship.

Looking forward to opening all these cans of Whup-Ass I got waiting in the fridge. September can't get here soon enough.

That's eight and counting. I'll start bugging other likely returning owners sometime tomorrow, but I expect it won't be long until we're all full up.

If you're reading this and haven't played before (but have played fantasy football in general), and you're active on the site, by all means, sign up! Worst thing that happens is we don't have room, and we'll make room if we can. And people who don't make the cut one year tend to get preference next year, like an unofficial waiting list.

Yeah fridays are a bad time to announce anything around here. Is Fiscal in? He still comes on doesnt he?

PW moved recently and is much busier in general. He had to skip baseball, and I think he said or suggested he might have to do the same with football, so we'll see.

I think Fiscal bowed out last year just because he knew he might not have as much time. But we'll see. We're definitely not going to have trouble getting a full league.

PW moved recently and is much busier in general. He had to skip baseball, and I think he said or suggested he might have to do the same with football, so we'll see.

I think Fiscal bowed out last year just because he knew he might not have as much time. But we'll see. We're definitely not going to have trouble getting a full league.
You think itd be cool if we invited Joshua from the pay league? Hes a good guy and he and I have always played together, being this will be my only league now I was curious if we could invite him here too?

We're very unlikely to need extra owners. I can't remember the last year (maybe the very first, nine years ago?) where we didn't have people wanting to play that we didn't have room for.

He'd be a fine choice in the event this happens, though.

BUMP.

Also, invites sent. Time's running out to confirm involvement and all that, people. In the next week or so we're going to start talking draft/rules/etc.

Yup.

People confirmed so far:
- Yoda
- Sedai
- jiraffe
- TONGO
- Captain Spaulding
- seanc
- rauldc14
- Fabulous
- F. Inmate

Waiting on:
- Cole
- Pete
- LT

Can't make it:
- PW (, but he'll be in the money league again this year, at least)

And there are about six others who've played before who may or may not fit, depending on the other responses we get.