Oh My God -- IT'S HOLDEN'S BIRTHDAY

Tools    

At times, he can make you feel stupid.
Or bad about yourself.
Or your intellectual capacity.
Or just your general knowledge when it comes to films.

We don't know his real name.
And he hasn't posted a picture.

We're not even sure if he's really a human being, or just a guy sent back from the future to make us all gasp and quiver with wonder.

Whoever he is, whatever he looks like and whatever he does, anyday of the year. Although he probably hates to hear it said; he knows it's the truth....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOLDEN PIKE!!

And many more to come, man.
Get into the Birthday spirit, just don't drink too much of it.
Have a good one.

I respect you.

Now With Moveable Parts
Happy Birthday Holden!
~Sades
p.s. you're the devil.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I think everyone knows he's the devil...

Happy EARLY Birthday Holden.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Well, how come I have been able to see it since eleven at night last night my time?

May 5th - it's not just for Mexicans anymore.

Yup, today is my birthday, and Commish's Mommy's too. Yippee-yahoo. Truthfully I'm more excited about The Last Waltz SE DVD streeting on Tuesday. But at least now I have plenty of cash and gift certificates to cover it. That truly deserves a yippee-yahoo.

YIPPEE-YAHOO!!!

JEEP FRIEND (James Eckhouse): You don't want to be alone on your birthday.

DANIEL MILLER (Albert Brooks): What better day to be alone? I don't have that hang-up like other people do about your birthday and parties. You were born alone, you should celebrate it. Celebrate aloneness, that's what birthdays are for.

JEEP FRIEND: Yeah, I never thought of it like that.

DANIEL MILLER: It's a pitiful theory.

- Defending Your Life (1991)
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Now With Moveable Parts
As much as I can't stand you and despise your rejections and snobbery...
...this place would certanly lack without you around, stinkin' up the place.
Hope you had a good one.

Happy Birthday Holden. I would send you a DVD, but I don't have the time to track one down that you don't already own, so instead, I'll promise to say nothing snide for, umm, a week. At least, I promise to TRY.

Again, Happy Birthday. Have a good one, man.

hey holden, i nearly missed your day!! now that i think of it i remember it from the
"famous people born on your birthday" thread.

p.s.i never have been able to come up with a neat enough surprise present for you......but i'll think of something.

bon anniversaire mon ami.