Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

The Courier it is then.
I could have bought this cheaply the other day, but couldn’t recall any reviews.

Let us know if it’s good.

South Kensington tube - my most fave place I lived at in London.

Edit: It’s in my Netflix Q so I must have read a good review. Dang, wish I’d bought it now. Huge fan of BC.

I could have bought this cheaply the other day, but couldn’t recall any reviews.

Let us know if it’s good.

South Kensington tube - my most fave place I lived at in London.

Edit: It’s in my Netflix Q so I must have read a good review. Dang, wish I’d bought it now. Huge fan of BC.
It is quite good. Dear father was annoyed by the lack of verisimilitude re: the real Penkovsky’s character, whatever that means, but as a narrative it gels together very well indeed. BC gives it his all.

And of course, nothing beats South Ken.

It's my B.D., so I may treat myself to a good noir. Perhaps this one:
Turned out to be a poor choice. It's not really a good noir. Ida Lupino did well enough, but she looked mousey. Richard Widmark showed some range, but --probably at the director's or studio's insistence-- he inserted a little of the maniacal jeering laughter that he had become so famous for as the sociopath Tommy Udo in Kiss of Death (1947). A little of that goes a long way. Here it was more than a little... Cornel Wilde was really best in swashbucklers.

Halfway through the movie I found on Pluto TV, The Apartment. I'm diverging from my Orson Welles adventure to get this out of the way before it's taken off. It's not quite as good as Double Indemnity, but the professionalism with which the movie's directed along with the perfect acting make it so much better. Also, Mrs. McDougal, who Lemmon brings home, is a lot like a younger Mrs. Dupcheck,

I started this after The Awful Dr. Orloff. My next Jesus Franco films might be The Secret of Dr. Orloff, Dark Mission and Killer Barbys. And after two more Orson Welles movies, I'll be back on Wilder and then shoot for several Wes Craven movies I haven't seen.

If you're curious about the schedule, I'll explain some things after that when I start a possible thread about my ever-changing top movies. But that won't happen after Raul and Sean are done with theirs.

Remember watching this film when it came out.

Loved the script and cinematography, the acting, the fighting, all of it.

Was a kinda of a scary film, but very entertaining and suspenseful.

wanabe movie critique
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.
Good old days-