MISCELLANEOUS

Tools    

I’ve had so much “designer coffee” this week, but the best coffee I’ve had was from DNKN. These places with their fancy coffee are so expensive & over-hyped. Had a latte today, not hot enough. Had Americano coffee yesterday, nice & hot, but too strong. And both of these places asked for an electronic tip before I’d even had a taste of the coffee. I declined to tip since I didn’t know what I was tipping for.

I cannot believe it’s August already, which is my favorite month of the year.

Now the year gallops away to the end.

I cannot believe it’s August already, which is my favorite month of the year.

Now the year gallops away to the end.

How can it be Labor Day already. If only the winter went by so fast.

Burning question of the day: what the heck are we supposed to do with the hundreds of masks we’ve never worn? 🤔

Strange interesting fact: we know how Taylor Swift’s new album has clobbered the charts this week, but did you know that 10,000 units were sold as cassettes? Seems that some folks still like a cassette player.

Turns out that many of her fans like something to hold onto as it were. Streaming accounts for most of her sales, but her fans also love CDs & vinyl.

Bought a Powerball Power Play lottery ticket for tonight’s huge drawing. Even the smaller prizes are stupendous.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Strange interesting fact: we know how Taylor Swift’s new album has clobbered the charts this week, but did you know that 10,000 units were sold as cassettes? Seems that some folks still like a cassette player.

Turns out that many of her fans like something to hold onto as it were. Streaming accounts for most of her sales, but her fans also love CDs & vinyl.

I'm not a Taylor Swift fan, but I still buy my music on CDs and my movies on DVDs. I prefer having a physical copy over streaming. But I usually buy them at garage sales and flea markets because they're much cheaper than in the stores. (I bought almost 100 DVDs at a garage sale this past weekend for only $85, and most of them were Blu-Rays. )

I saw something on tv a few months ago about how, not only were records sales continuing to rise, but that Cassettes were now also starting to sell again.

I'm not a Taylor Swift fan, but I still buy my music on CDs and my movies on DVDs. I prefer having a physical copy over streaming. But I usually buy them at garage sales and flea markets because they're much cheaper than in the stores. (I bought almost 100 DVDs at a garage sale this past weekend for only $85, and most of them were Blu-Rays. )
I still buy DVDs, but am gonna cut back because I CAN’T FIND ANYTHING IN MY COLLECTION! They’re on two floors of the house & it’s driving me nuts. If only I had the time & motivation to alphabetize them.

I saw something on tv a few months ago about how, not only were records sales continuing to rise, but that Cassettes were now also starting to sell again.
I can see people wanting a vinyl album (many of them have memorable covers) but so surprised people still buy cassettes. (I never play them, but I still have all my vinyls.)

The reasoning from Swift’s fans, apparently, is that they want something tangible to represent her. I can relate.

I still buy DVDs, but am gonna cut back because I CAN’T FIND ANYTHING IN MY COLLECTION! They’re on two floors of the house & it’s driving me nuts. If only I had the time & motivation to alphabetize them.

That sound a lot like my DVD collection. They're all over the house, and most of them aren't in any order. I take pictures of all of my DVD shelves, and when I want to find one, I look through the pictures until I find it.

I just found a DVD cataloging app that looks like it might help. I can scan the barcodes, and it fills in most of the information. It doesn't get everything, but what it does get definitely helps. Plus it has options for all sorts of stuff, including what shelf the discs are on, if I loaned the discs out to anyone, and more.

It's VERY SLOW, but it's a free app, as long as I keep the data on my phone, but there's a paid option to save all the info to the cloud.

I've only been using it for a few days, but I've already scanned in almost 300 DVDs. It's called DVD Library.

That sound a lot like my DVD collection. They're all over the house, and most of them aren't in any order. I take pictures of all of my DVD shelves, and when I want to find one, I look through the pictures until I find it.
I too have photographed my DVDs so far as I can. Many of them are behind others so it all needs to be dragged out.

Constantly eyeing lovely shelves in the front parlor if I could chuck out old National Geographics. Husband would have a fit if I did that even though he’s never read them.

I too have photographed my DVDs so far as I can. Many of them are behind others so it all needs to be dragged out.

Constantly eyeing lovely shelves in the front parlor if I could chuck out old National Geographics. Husband would have a fit if I did that even though he’s never read them.

Some of my DVDs are on bookcases, which lets me fill the back of the shelves with DVDs, and display my Funko Pops in front of the DVDs.

Some of my DVDs are on bookcases, which lets me fill the back of the shelves with DVDs, and display my Funko Pops in front of the DVDs.
I don’t do this because of the sheer volume. DVDs are in several bookcases. I fill the back of the shelves & then I fill the front of the shelves also. So what’s in the back can’t actually be seen.

I could throw out my entire library, but I’m not getting rid of my books. I actually have a room we call “the bookroom”.

And why two people in a Victorian are running out of space is beyond me.