whats ur internet connection?

Tools    

WEll, i'm still 56gay, but in two weeks i'm getting att@home. I can't wait for those blasing speeds and 50-200kb/s downloads! right now i'm crawling at 5kb/s downloads. Alas.

Do u guys enjoy DSL or cable better? I would get DSL but i'm 23,000 feet from the central office--too far away..

You might think this is a dumb post. but i was bored and felt like asking something ...

-Brian

I have cable at my current apartment, and I like it just fine. I had DSL at a previous apartment, and I liked it a little better. It didn't seem to futz out on me as much, but part of the problem at my current apartment is the wiring. It's mostly 25 year-old wiring inside the walls, so there is some signal degredation because of that. (I still get good speed, just not as fast as some other people I know who have cable).

ugh, i'm on a 56k, i may eventually get adsl, but here in the uk there ain't much available.

MovieForums Extra
Aaaachhh you guys are lucky, I'm still stuck with 56gay (as xboxput it)! If I want fast cable access I use our uni comps (which are much faster than even cable).

In Australia it's bad though, it's really expensive, and they have so many limits and stuff, that it's just not worth getting...they corner the market, then do what they like with it. Hopefully, some new operators will come online soon, so there is a bright light at the end of the tunnel!

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
56k unfortunately(I don't like to use gay as a derogatory term, but I will often call AOL GAYOL). I could get DSL, but I'm waiting for Comcast to put their hub in my subdivision. They keep saying within two months, but they have been saying that for about 2 years. And what makes my 56k so much worse is I connect through AOL. I can barely play Quake or Counter Strike online because of the damn lag. Its ok though. I take my computer to my friends house, who has cable all the time.