MoFo Health Thread

Tools    

Glad to hear you're feeling better matt.

I don't know why you're feeling as you have been, but never rule out stress. Sometimes even just the monotomous daily grind of life.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
In Poland, you are 10x more likely to kill yourself than to be killed by someone else.

In 2022, 5,108 people died as a result of suicides, and 507 people as a result of homicides.

___

Time for my workout.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I'm eating more apples! And apparently if you eat apples and yogurt it balances out the good and bad bacteria in your mouth so that you don't need to use mouthwash.

Thank you and bye.

I'm eating more apples! And apparently if you eat apples and yogurt it balances out the good and bad bacteria in your mouth so that you don't need to use mouthwash.

Thank you and bye.

My old man uses mouthwash every day, but, boy, is that stuff harsh. I tried a little bit & it was horrible. Can’t be healthy to depend on mouthwash so much like he does.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Let’s hear it! I knead to no what those LDL levels are!!!

Even with a plant-based diet, I’m on the high-end borderline for acceptable LDL. Which leads me to believe, just like weightlifting and myriad other physiological functions…g e n e t i c s.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I digitalized my blood pressure notes starting from July 1, 2023. I have notes all the way back to May 2021, but I'm too lazy to enter all the data. It'd take a few days! :O

So, the magic of computers, science, and sheets generated some valuable info!

The average from the last 30 days is under 120/80 which is super healthy. I guess doing cardio every day pays off.

Diastolic never got above 80. Systolic did go above 120 multiple times but it never went above 140, which is really good.

Seeing how even at the beginning of this year I had measurements like 148/88, 150/90, or 163/93, this is a mad improvement. I'm really curious what the improvement really was, statistically, but entering all the data would be a pain. I have no idea what the average was, say, in January, but I'd guess around 140/80. Back in 2021, it was way above 145/85 easily.

You ready? You look ready.
My sister has seizures and her current neurologist has her on generic Keppra. Unfortunately, she is part of a small subset that has breakthrough seizures on generic, and so a doctor has to personally petition Medicaid to cover the cost. But of course doctors know everything so when you tell them this they tell you “oh no, generics are just as effective”. Yeah, sure, and manure is nature’s potpourri.

My sister has seizures and her current neurologist has her on generic Keppra. Unfortunately, she is part of a small subset that has breakthrough seizures on generic, and so a doctor has to personally petition Medicaid to cover the cost. But of course doctors know everything so when you tell them this they tell you “oh no, generics are just as effective”. Yeah, sure, and manure is nature’s potpourri.
Last time I was at Urgent Care for flu-like symptoms “provider” told me what to buy OTC. If I wanted over-the-counter stuff I wouldn’t have walked all the way to Urgent Care. I told him I want a script for prescription drugs. Finally got it, but doctors these days are very reluctant to write scripts. Or, if they do, it’s for a very very small dose that doesn’t help at all.

Sorry you’re having trouble with what your sister needs. I hope your sister gets what she needs.

sliced my finger pretty good tonight cleaning a pocket knife. got it to stop bleeding with pressure, but soon as i let go it started flowing again. managed to get a bandaid on it, but i could tell that it wasn’t coagulating because of its location. so i cobbled together a splint to keep me from bending the area with the cut, but knew i was gonna need it properly cleaned and dressed and a tetanus shot.*

called an urgent care run by our city’s biggest medical provider and they told me they had no bookings left (um, what? that’s not urgent care) and to go to the ER cause i was gonna need x-rays and deliverance from evil or some shit.

managed to get a ride over to one of the independent urgent care places (which is likea miracle they were open) and they took the time to help me. this is what the consumerization of healthcare gets you. doctors can’t find nothing wrong with you if you just don’t go… 😅

EDIT: thank god it weren’t one of my thumbs!

The Adventure Starts Here!
I came down sick quite suddenly yesterday afternoon. Thought it was Covid so I had Walmart deliver me some tests this afternoon. Negative... so it must just be a sudden bad cold. That's what I get for spending New Year's Eve among PEOPLE.

Fever, runny nose, annoying scratchy throat/cough. Gonna gulp down some Nyquil and have another Ricola lozenge and hope for the best overnight. Got the chills from the fever, so I'll be happy to climb into the heated waterbed. Go ahead and joke: it's comfy and warm when you don't feel well!

called an urgent care run by our city’s biggest medical provider and they told me they had no bookings left (um, what? that’s not urgent care) and to go to the ER cause i was gonna need x-rays and deliverance from evil or some shit.

managed to get a ride over to one of the independent urgent care places (which is likea miracle they were open) and they took the time to help me. this is what the consumerization of healthcare gets you. doctors can’t find nothing wrong with you if you just don’t go… 😅

EDIT: thank god it weren’t one of my thumbs!
I never make an appointment at urgent care. That’s what I like about them that you can just walk in & will be seen quicker than the ER. My experience at least. Of course there’s no doctors at urgent care - only “providers”.

Got the chills from the fever, so I'll be happy to climb into the heated waterbed. Go ahead and joke: it's comfy and warm when you don't feel well!

Why am I not surprised you have a water bed. Still jealous that you have heated bathroom floors. That’s a nice bed - looks like a king size, which we have. Minus the water.

Why am I not surprised you have a water bed. Still jealous that you have heated bathroom floors. That’s a nice bed - looks like a king size, which we have. Minus the water.
At first I thought you were saying you have a king-sized water bed minus the water, and I thought, "Well, that's DEFINITELY not comfortable."

The water bed came with the husband, who's had it since the 1980s (as you can tell from the look of it). I'm short, though, so I don't look very ladylike climbing OUT of that bed every morning. I developed a system, though, and can now get out without spraining an ankle.

Also, doctor's office says it's the flu (influenza A, most likely). Treating at home and staying away from other people!

At first I thought you were saying you have a king-sized water bed minus the water, and I thought, "Well, that's DEFINITELY not comfortable."

The water bed came with the husband, who's had it since the 1980s (as you can tell from the look of it). I'm short, though, so I don't look very ladylike climbing OUT of that bed every morning. I developed a system, though, and can now get out without spraining an ankle.

Also, doctor's office says it's the flu (influenza A, most likely). Treating at home and staying away from other people!
Already had the flu this winter. Hope you feel better!

They've got a water bed filled with sand.

"It's like sleeping on the beach!"
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

They've got a water bed filled with sand.

"It's like sleeping on the beach!"
Wouldn't you call that a sand bed then?
And will you get sunburned just like sleeping on the beach?

Already had the flu this winter. Hope you feel better!
The one year I didn't get around to getting a flu shot...

Feeling better today than yesterday, but we'll see how it goes. Hot shower and chicken noodle soup helped.