Oblivion Worldwide Gross?Predict.

Tools    

I am guessing close to 500 million

I'm not sure, they'd do better if they had a big Hollywood star leading the cast

Edit: I would think much less than $500m though, I know it's budget is $120 but it's not going to be that popular surely? I'd say more about $160-250m?

Jack Reacher crossed 216 million.A low budget film with almost no marketing grossed that much on sheer star power of Tom Cruise.

I am sure Oblivion,a big budget movie with a better script and better visuals would do better.Much better

Jack Reacher crossed 216 million.A low budget film with almost no marketing grossed that much on sheer star power of Tom Cruise.

I am sure Oblivion,a big budget movie with a better script and better visuals would do better.Much better
Here in the UK Jack Reacher seemed to have a hell of a lot of marketing, lots of adverts and discussions on talk shows, think Tom Cruise did a lot of promotion as well for it. I know you're from India so there might be differences in our respective countries. To be honest I wasn't aware Jack Reacher had done so well on the international stage, but judging by the figures it has, so maybe you're right in thinking Oblivion can do just as well if not better, I still think $500m maybe a bit ambitious.

^I accept 500 is a little too much.But I think it will do 300-350 million by default of having Tom Cruise and being a big budget sci-fi movie.How much it grosses more than that depends on how good the movie is.

Oblivion is sitting at 63% on Rotten Tomatoes currently with 40 reviews a week before its release in the US. I think it will gross 400 mill on Tom Cruise, Morgan Freeman, the big budget, and nice visual effects alone but the fact that it's not a great movie (based on reviews) will keep it from going past that I think. I would say 500 mill is possible, but I'd be a bit surprised.

Oblivion is sitting at 63% on Rotten Tomatoes currently with 40 reviews a week before its release in the US. I think it will gross 400 mill on Tom Cruise, Morgan Freeman, the big budget, and nice visual effects alone but the fact that it's not a great movie (based on reviews) will keep it from going past that I think. I would say 500 mill is possible, but I'd be a bit surprised.
63% isn't that bad for a blockbuster which I guess will be a crowd puller largely on it's affects and cast, the film itself was never going to be something great.

Jack Reacher only has 62% on Rotten Tomatoes, and then if you go on Metacritic it gives Jack Reacher a score of 50/100 where as Oblivion has 54/100 albeit only after 7 reviews. I don't think with these type of films that reviews matter at all, I mean look at Transformers, they are terrible films but everyone watches them.

I would guess $350m-$450m. Hopefully, it earns more simply because I want studios to produce more science fiction, but yeah.

At worst $150m-$200m.

I am the Watcher in the Night
There hasn't been a whole lot of buzz about Oblivion, no one I know seems to want to watch it. I think it'll cross the 200mil mark but how much more? I doubt it will reach near 500mill.

There hasn't been a whole lot of buzz about Oblivion, no one I know seems to want to watch it. I think it'll cross the 200mil mark but how much more? I doubt it will reach near 500mill.
On the contrary, there's been a lot of advertising and marketing for Oblivion in the US. They show a lot of TV commercials, and people I know are eager to see it.

63% isn't that bad for a blockbuster which I guess will be a crowd puller largely on it's affects and cast, the film itself was never going to be something great.

Jack Reacher only has 62% on Rotten Tomatoes, and then if you go on Metacritic it gives Jack Reacher a score of 50/100 where as Oblivion has 54/100 albeit only after 7 reviews. I don't think with these type of films that reviews matter at all, I mean look at Transformers, they are terrible films but everyone watches them.
That's true but movies like Transformers don't try to be taken seriously, they are admittedly popcorn flicks with a ton of CGI robots, explosions, and special effects. I get the feeling that Oblivion was meant to be a movie taken seriously, and for that reason I can see its box office slipping if it fails in that respect. Then again, I haven't seen it yet so what do I know