2009 Summer Box Office Predictions

Tools    

The story for Transformers wasn't that bad, and there's tons of other movies that have crappier stories than that. Seriously though, it's meant to be a fun action movie, and that's what I got. Michael Bay's great when it comes to making great action movies, I mean Bad Boys and Bad Boy 2 was actually pretty fun to watch because Bay's great at making acton.
Were you a fan of generation 1 ?

Were you a fan of generation 1 ?
I honestly don't even know what that it is, but I'm assuming that it's one of the version's of the cartoon. I watched the cartoon a lot when I was a kid, but I can't really remember it at all.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I honestly don't even know what that it is...
That is the first generation of Transformers. So when the show first started back in the 80's, the characters on the show then are more commonly referred to as Gen 1 or Generation 1.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

The best movies hold back on the CGI. This new GiJoe flick will be slick and there ll be mental explosions and bullet-time and the rest of that **** but will it appeal to GiJoe fans, I doubt it. Same deal as us Transformers fans got..
the thing with GI Joe is that it can turn out like the Mummy 3, it was bad and it didn't do that well in the box office it won something like a 300 mill worldwide but still I think Universal were expecting a little more, so that's the worst that can happen but I don't think it will flop because there is a good cast you have Denis Quaid Channing Tatum who is lately in everything and women adore him Sienna Miller,Marlon Wayans ,that extremely hot red head Rachel Nichols and many others

I honestly don't even know what that it is, but I'm assuming that it's one of the version's of the cartoon. I watched the cartoon a lot when I was a kid, but I can't really remember it at all.

Opinion Invalid Movie Man. Like Supracer pointed out Generation 1 is the original Transformers, if you don't even know that then I wouldn't call you a fan. I watched it last night, it made me wish I wish I was 10 yrs old again, then maybe I wouldn't fall asleep.

Originally Posted by B-card
the thing with GI Joe is that it can turn out like the Mummy 3, it was bad and it didn't do that well in the box office it won something like a 300 mill worldwide but still I think Universal were expecting a little more, so that's the worst that can happen but I don't think it will flop because there is a good cast you have Denis Quaid Channing Tatum who is lately in everything and women adore him Sienna Miller,Marlon Wayans ,that extremely hot red head Rachel Nichols and many others
Thats exsactly what I said. It won't look bad, there ll be eye candy and big names but anyone who use to watch the cartoon or play with Gi Joe's figurines back in the day isn't going to be as happy as they could have been.

Thats exsactly what I said. It won't look bad, there ll be eye candy and big names but anyone who use to watch the cartoon or play with Gi Joe's figurines back in the day isn't going to be as happy as they could have been.
Though when any film is made thats based on a cartoon/game/comic etc theyre usually a let down to their origional fans.

Star Trek is looking very strong, think it will open pretty well, maybe around 100. Should finish above 325.

That'd be pretty eye-popping.

I'll go with about $75-80 million, with good legs over the next couple of weeks.

Though when any film is made thats based on a cartoon/game/comic etc theyre usually a let down to their origional fans.
All those movies are improvement of the stuff they promote would you like to see Transformers as they were from the Cartoon or bumblebee looking like this:

I'll stick with the Camaro

the same is with G.I. Joe I think I saw one episode just to see what was all about didn't impress me at all.
Oh and one more thing those movie are not made to appeal the fans they are made to appeal to everyone in the world because lets face it G.I. Joe was famous only in the US I never heard about it before I knew there was going to be a movie.Movies like this insure themselves so if the fans don't like the rest of the world would like it

Personally i wouldnt, its not so much the graphics as the stories which get altered. Now if we're using Transformers as the example, i didnt like the cartoons or anything, my boyfriend however did, and i know for a fact that he'd like it to stick more to the origional stories than altering a lot of the minor details that he finds important.

I just think if youre a fan of the origional origin of these movies then you often find yourself expecting more than what you get and being slightly disapointed by the changes they make.

I am a fan of the original series. However, I'm not a collecting, "Michael Bay ruined my childhood" stating fan. I have no real problem with what Bay has done so far, because lets face it, The Transformers are not something that comes to mind when you're thinking mind-blowing, oscar-worthy material.

Personally i wouldnt, its not so much the graphics as the stories which get altered. Now if we're using Transformers as the example, i didnt like the cartoons or anything, my boyfriend however did, and i know for a fact that he'd like it to stick more to the origional stories than altering a lot of the minor details that he finds important.

I just think if youre a fan of the origional origin of these movies then you often find yourself expecting more than what you get and being slightly disapointed by the changes they make.
Believe with this movie it's all about the Graphics because Giant Robots come on

On the other hand you are right about the fan thing maybe I was never a fan of something so I wouldn't know what disappointment means or maybe I'll see next year what they release Prince of Persia:The Sands of Time(the fact that the Prince has a name already let me down)now I am a fan of the Trilogy but with 150 mill dollars and Jerry Brucheimer as producer how bad can it be

Well like i said, Transformers was just an example of what i was trying to make the point of. But if you take the likes of, Resident Evil or most games converted to movies, theyre often a let down to its origional fans as they change the story about and dont keep it true to its origins.

...with 150 mill dollars and Jerry Brucheimer as producer how bad can it be
As long as it's not a 1 1/2 - 2 hour movie of running along walls and jumping from pillar to pillar, it should be interesting to say the least. The stories that went along with the Prince of Persia titles were very good, for a videogame. I would much rather see one involving "The Warrior Within," however. I'm sure it'll get made if Sands of Time does well.

As long as it's not a 1 1/2 - 2 hour movie of running along walls and jumping from pillar to pillar, it should be interesting to say the least. The stories that went along with the Prince of Persia titles were very good, for a videogame. I would much rather see one involving "The Warrior Within," however. I'm sure it'll get made if Sands of Time does well.
OOoOOoooo Warrior Within is my favorite from the trilogy I am seriously hoping that they make it a trilogy

Yeah, I enjoyed that one the most, but thought "The Two Thrones" was a little corny having to switch back and fourth between the two princes.

I guess we should take this conversation to the videogames tab.

Hmm strange I thought that Star Trek would do better not that 76 mill are bad but still Wolverine is gaining power around the world as for 2 weeks it has made 202 mill dollars so it's not that bad for him.