Best Comic Book Movie?

Tools    

Check it out: a poll imbedded right into the thread! Thanks to the brilliant programmers over at vBulletin.com for this hack...on with the vote!

Which one of these is the best Comic Book Flick?

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
You left out the best comic book movie, and my third fav movie of all time, Blade. So theres my vote.

There ya go - changed the poll. Blade isn't usually considered a comic book movie since it only garnered major attention FROM the movie...but I'll accomodate anyway.

Yup, I did know that. I've even read a short summary of the script and am definetly looking forward to it. I read that the script blew away most of the people who read it, and is far superior to many than the ones they slap on today's big action flicks.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
I'm torn between Blade and X-Men ...

Blade was very good but has some seriously cheesy moments. I'm not a heavy fan of Wesley Snipes but he won my nod. Stephen Dorff was a nice touch and I enjoyed him too. But then there was that whole typical goth vampire party scene thing and I wasn't terribly impressed with that ...

vs.

X-Men was very accomplished considering the smaller budget, and the need to explain the story, introduce characters, and still have some semblance of a plot ... but maybe cause I got won over by Wolverine (hmm ... a furry man WITH blades and regenerative powers ... one up on Blade ...), But I was disappointed in who they chose for Cyclops and Storm, and while I didn't mind Jubilee's absence I did mind Rogue's youth ... In general, they made all these people too young in my opinion. To have been really true to the comic I feel the people should have been more mature. And Storm was just too impressive a woman for Halle Berry to live up to ...

Being in the dark in a movie theater is like getting ready to have great sex.

I actually am THRILLED with Scott Marsden (Cyclops)...can anyone argue that he didn't look JUST like the cartoon character? And aside from that, he had the same tone: serious, a bit uptight, but not stupid or annoying.

As for Storm - Halle Berry had the look and the name power, and therefore was cast. I will agree, however, that Storm is highly agressive...if Berry wants to play Storm, she needs to step up...some blame also falls on the writers - they didn't give her much to do.

Rogue was a bit young...but I have to wonder if perhaps the change was an IMPROVEMENT over the older Rogue. I feel she was made younger to increase the big brother/little sister relationship between herself and Wolverine...the comics and cartoon did the same, but they were around the same age...in my opinion it might be better this way.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
Oh man I disagree about Cyclops. When Wolverine called him a dick ... well, he was. He just seemed more of a sissy then the original character. No offense!

Storm - the only look Halle had going was being the same color, and the hair they could fix. I was all for Angela Bassett - that's star power! Where was she?! Storm is a tall, buxom, husky voiced woman once worshipped as a bone-shaking _goddess_. As for Halle ... ahem. Men may flock to find her pictures on the net but that little waif is just no substitute. Whether she'd been given more to do in the film or not I still find her small and delicate regardless of her powers.

I liked that they played on the sister/bro relationship with Rogue/Wolverine ... but they could have made her older than 16, come on! It's like they made her younger to accomodate W's relationship with both Jubilee and Rogue ... But yeah, that was one of my lesser qualms with the film.

I will concede to a few things...

1 - Good point: Angela Basset would have been perfect for that role. Like Storm should be, she is gruff and strong looking, but still has a classic, deepy beauty about her. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it all...but you get my drift.

2 - I feel Cyclops was close to being what he should have been, but yes he should have been a tad more commanding...more of a leader, as he is supposed to be. And yeah, he is a d*ck (lets keep this clean! ), uptight and such...thats just the character I suppose!

As for the merging of Rogue and Jubilee - just odd...although I have to agree with dumping Jubilee...comes off a useless character of sorts...and they'll be struggling to fit the 3 newcomers in the next flick anyway.

Man oh man do I hope Bryan Singer directs again!

Best Comic book movie has to be Sin City

A system of cells interlinked
I think this thread moved....there is a larger, more recent thread for this somewhere....

Sin City

Why do all of you new members only post titles and names?

How are we supposed to get to know any of you if you guys never elaborate on anything?!

Just a title and/or a name. Whee.

I feel like ignoring you now.

TALK TO US NEW MEMBERS!!!
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Eating you Since 1984
Spiderman 2 <-- and arguably one of the best action movies ever made, the train scene is spectacular!!

my pick would have to be Hulk, x-men were pretty weak therefore i only watched the first part, spider man ( i only watched the first part ) was fun the first hour, but the braking point for me was the scene where the villan shouts at some poor victim to say ..."and deliver us from evil".....from that point on i was ripping the movie apart and laughin at every other scene....never saw the second part....let's see....sin city was awsome too.......i'm not even mentioning daredevil , electra and numerous others, as a principle , movies based on comics are not done well and that's why i'm not really tempted to go see them....hulk was an exception because it got really good reviews so i had to go check it out and besides ,i like ang lee, the man can do no wrong.....
oh and i had to go see sin city because of all the buzz about the inovative style of the flick.....am i missing some other great adaptations?

A system of cells interlinked
Well, if you like the X-men characters and comics, I would recommend seeing X2, as Bryan Singer did an excellent job with that film. I was also so-so with the first Spidey film, and I think Spidey II was a marked improvement over the first installment. I don't know though, man. Our tastes are quite different, so I might not be the best person to recommend the stuff to you. I thought The Hulk was terrible, so I think we may just like different stuff when it comes to cheesy action flicks. I know, just go watch Fellini's 8 1/2 instead, that film is great.

We can agree that Daredevil is **** though....

Actually, I am looking to trade my Daredevil DVD to someone who would have something to trade I might like.... I bought it blindly and regretted it afterwards....

Anyone have a widescreen copy of Lost Highway?

Sin City is done the best by far

"Walk down the right back ally in Sin City, and you'll find anything" Marv